Oscraps

Are you a collector?

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
Nice! Do you try out the recipes before you decide if you want to keep one?
I collect old recipes from "grandma's times". Years ago I started asking older women for recipes from their mothers and grandmothers. I ask also about traditional food for birthdays, Easter, Christmas, etc. It's less about the food than about documenting how and what people used to cook. Of course I tried some of the recipes. No comparison to today, where a lot of ready-made products are used for cooking.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I collect old recipes from "grandma's times". Years ago I started asking older women for recipes from their mothers and grandmothers. I ask also about traditional food for birthdays, Easter, Christmas, etc. It's less about the food than about documenting how and what people used to cook. Of course I tried some of the recipes. No comparison to today, where a lot of ready-made products are used for cooking.
Oh, @*sylvia* - Do you have a proper recipe for Semmelknödel? I've only ever tried to make from mix, and it's impossible to get here. I assume there is an original recipe that starts with potatoes. If so, could I have a copy of it? In German is fine, no need to translate.

tanteva

Talking about recipes, I guess one could say I have a collection of cook books, though I'm not actively buying new ones anymore. But I have about 2 book cases full. Use about 10 of them on a regular basis. LOL

Reactions: AZK

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
At one time I was collecting roosters. It started when we lived in Honduras- they are iconic there. You can hear them crowing even in the capital city!! Ha ha. But recently I have lost interest. I DO love copper though- so I guess you could say I have a small copper collection!
I had to reread this to make sure that I understood. At first, I thought that you collected *live* roosters. which would be really cool- but loud! :D

• Haha

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
Oh, @*sylvia* - Do you have a proper recipe for Semmelknödel? I've only ever tried to make from mix, and it's impossible to get here. I assume there is an original recipe that starts with potatoes. If so, could I have a copy of it? In German is fine, no need to translate.
@tanteva / Eva - Semmelknödel are made with white bread or rolls. Do you want this or only about potato dumplings?

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I have a couple of first edition books, prints/plates/ceramics from bjorn wiinblad (LOVE his whimsical imagery), oddball Japanese Kokeshi dolls, and lots of raku pottery. Too much stuff...I'm trying to hold myself back.
Yes, I was collecting pottery for a while too, although not raku!

tanteva

@tanteva / Eva - Semmelknödel are made with white bread or rolls. Do you want this or only about potato dumplings?
Oh, ok. I thought semmelknödel was made from potatoes. As I said, I only made them from a boxed mix. I love a recipe for semmelknödel, please.

Jeannette

CHEERY O
Flower seeds for in the garden. Those I collect. I love flowers and I love trrying out new seeds. So whenever I have the chance to add new seeds to my collection I take it!!

zanthia

CHEERY O
nothing of recent but for awhile was collecting beanie babies ( not a serious collector though)

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Flower seeds for in the garden. Those I collect. I love flowers and I love trrying out new seeds. So whenever I have the chance to add new seeds to my collection I take it!!
Oh, that's wonderful!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
nothing of recent but for awhile was collecting beanie babies ( not a serious collector though)
I personally never collected them but my MIL gave dozens of them to my kids when they were little.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I don't have a collection of anything. I used to collect Breyer Horses when I was younger.

LSlycord

You inspired me. I got 5 boxes of music boxes down to 1. I held each one and thought about it...then I took photos and I'm going to make a book of the ones that went into recycling.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
You inspired me. I got 5 boxes of music boxes down to 1. I held each one and thought about it...then I took photos and I'm going to make a book of the ones that went into recycling.
Good for you! #clapThat is actually my plan for my daughters' figurines...someday, lol!