Oscraps

April Art Journaling Week 2 Challenge {GROWTH}

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Welcome to Week 2 of our April Art Journaling Challenges. This month, we're focusing on the word Growth. When I was starting to prepare my challenge for this week, I played around with the word in my search engine. Coincidentally, what kept coming to light was nature-related such as tree roots, as in the roots grow deep. As you all probably know by now, I've been grappling with a lot of emotional "growth" which made the nature references very meaningful to me. I have found a lot of solace just by looking at the views from our windows - mountains in the front and a forest in back. Of course, as always, you can go in whatever direction this prompt takes you. As you notice, I didn't even use the word growth on my layout, but let my page symbolize it. Of course, your page doesn't have to be about nature - use anything that means "growth" to you.

Why am I telling you this? Because I have used Art Journaling to work through some (not all, of course) of my pain. It has really helped me to express my inner feelings. To me, that is what Art Journaling is all about - getting your emotions and feelings down on paper. Maybe you have such personal feelings that you want to do hidden journaling and that's okay. If you're kind of new to AJ, just let your feelings go and enjoy the process.

You can choose to do a single page each week or do a divided template - one part for each week. If you don't have the Divided Template and would like to have it, you can get it here at Dropbox. Thank you to Ona @wombat146 for providing the template choices for us! If you do use the template, we would love it if you would post it incrementally. Post your first "section" done in the first week, post an image of the two together on the second, and three on the third, and then the finished page on the fourth week. I didn't use the divided template this month, but I usually do. I chose to do a separate page for each week. The choice is entirely up to you.

Again - the template is NEVER a requirement to use, just something fun and different if you want to use it.

I don't normally create Mood Boards, but I found these images with the quotes about growth already on them. I hope you find some inspirations, but again, these are only springboards to getting your creative juices flowing. Feel free to use any of them or none of them - the choice is yours.

Untitled-3.jpg

Here's my page, that I hope gives you some inspiration. I used Mother Earth by et designs to create my page.

Everyone who participates in any of this month's challenges will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps. You can receive up to four entries into this month's drawing.

I can't wait to see what you have to share about GROWTH.

Challenge Rules:
You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on April 30th to complete your pages for this challenge.
  1. To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).
  2. You need to credit all the products used on your page.
  3. You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.
  4. Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)
Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:

Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).

This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.

Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Attachments

• april-aj-week-2.jpg
    april-aj-week-2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 1

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I had to really think about this one, that makes for a great challenge!
One thing that I struggle with is accepting my age. A small sign of growth for me is when I take the societal pressure of "aging gracefully" and boot it out the window! This page reflects that feeling of freedom and joy I get whenever I do that.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I had to really think about this one, that makes for a great challenge!
One thing that I struggle with is accepting my age. A small sign of growth for me is when I take the societal pressure of "aging gracefully" and boot it out the window! This page reflects that feeling of freedom and joy I get whenever I do that.

LOVE your page Chris and you're right - about the age part and the challenge part. I too struggle with my age and then I hear "well, it beats the alternative". I used to dislike that phrase, but it's true. I need to learn to "boot it out the window" too. Thanks for expressing this for the challenge - we help each other, that's for sure. I just read the other day that many people don't get the privilege of growing old(er) - so I guess it's a "privilege". :heartpumpred: