Oscraps

APRIL 2022 - Come and share your projects!!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
So does anyone have any mixed media projects to share? Anything on the boil? Projects started? etc.

Please pop in and share some pics with us, use the Attach files function at the bottom of the post to upload your project pictures.

Love seeing what everyone is up to!! :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
This a piece I started late March and am at a standstill at the moment, working out what to do next. The photo of the standing stones is from a magazine and I used matte medium to transfer the image into my art journal. The surrounding images are all tissue paper which I have stuck down with matte medium and then used white gesso to blend everything in. Have also used alcohol inks to add more colour but in a soft transparent way, and of course have sprinkled alcohol onto the ink before it dries completely to give some lovely textured splatter effects.
DSCN7985-WEB-800.jpg

Close up of area with the alcohol splatters :)
DSCN7987-WEB-800.jpg

I think my next step is to find some word art of some sort....... the words sacred, mystic and ancient are the words that first come into my mind when I look at it so I would like to find some piece of poetry or from a song that has some of these words in it. I think some scribbling/writing around the edges will then finish this piece off. Will post the finished piece when it is done. :)

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Love this Ona!! Hope you find that perfect piece of poetry for this!
I have been having fun making my own backgrounds for a few cards lately, using a gel press and distress oxide inks.
unnamed.jpg

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Love this Ona!! Hope you find that perfect piece of poetry for this!
I have been having fun making my own backgrounds for a few cards lately, using a gel press and distress oxide inks.
View attachment 369151
Oh Trudy, these are lovely!!! I love the soft effect you can get with the distress inks and I really need to do more with my gel press. Have used them a couple of times but I need to experiment with it a bit more! :) Love the variations in the background on the forest care, stunning!