Oscraps

Anyone do Vision Boards

LSlycord

Do any of you make Vision Boards for the new year? I made one with scissors and glue in January 2018. I had no idea what I was getting into. In June of 2019 we moved from Iowa to Florida. It certainly had never crossed my mind until February of 2019. Yet my biggest picture was the one with all of the water---I wanted to spend more time on the water. That picture had a lighthouse. And I now live 35 minutes from a lighthouse. This year I'm going to do a digital vision board. Anyone else in?
Vision Board.jpg

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Where in Iowa, @LSlycord ? My 2X great grandparents (mother's paternal great grandparents) came to the US from Lincolnshire, England in 1882. The spent a couple of years in Illinois, then a couple in Nebraska before making the last leg of their journey to Manson in Calhoun County, Iowa. I have a step-sister living there now half the year, the other half in Florida.

I have done some vision boards but not many. I've been thinking about that for me and the boys for this coming year, though. /this place has been one of heartbreak for us and, when Jason graduates from MSU this spring, we want to move away - closer to my soon-to-be 87 year-old father if he is still with us when I get the house sold, or back to Oklahoma or Texas if not. Actually, I would love to retire to Costa Rica. My boys will probably be with me still as both are recovering from broken relationships and don't intend to enter into new ones until that decision is made. Jason can work from anywhere with his degree in Cyber Security and Forensics. Justin may never be able to work at anything that makes a living for him, so he will likely be my support system, although I pray that resolves itself and the doctors release him to work. So, maybe a vision board would be just the thing for us.

It would make a wonderful challenge!

LSlycord

You mean like what's my wish/vision for next year?
Yes you wish/vision for next year and beyond. It's kind of seeing yourself living your best life. A combination of pictures and quotes and words that embody what you want your future to look like. And then you keep it in front of you during the year to keep you motivated toward your goal.

LSlycord

Where in Iowa, @LSlycord ? My 2X great grandparents (mother's paternal great grandparents) came to the US from Lincolnshire, England in 1882. The spent a couple of years in Illinois, then a couple in Nebraska before making the last leg of their journey to Manson in Calhoun County, Iowa. I have a step-sister living there now half the year, the other half in Florida.

I have done some vision boards but not many. I've been thinking about that for me and the boys for this coming year, though. /this place has been one of heartbreak for us and, when Jason graduates from MSU this spring, we want to move away - closer to my soon-to-be 87 year-old father if he is still with us when I get the house sold, or back to Oklahoma or Texas if not. Actually, I would love to retire to Costa Rica. My boys will probably be with me still as both are recovering from broken relationships and don't intend to enter into new ones until that decision is made. Jason can work from anywhere with his degree in Cyber Security and Forensics. Justin may never be able to work at anything that makes a living for him, so he will likely be my support system, although I pray that resolves itself and the doctors release him to work. So, maybe a vision board would be just the thing for us.

It would make a wonderful challenge!
I am from right in the center of Iowa...Norwalk which is a small town about a 10 minute drive to Des Moines.

Is MSU Memphis State? I'm trying to think what might be MSU close to Kentucky. I love a degree in Cyber Security and Forensics. I think that would be so interesting. Would moving closer to your dad still keep you in Kentucky? I love the idea of retiring in Costa Rica. I always thought I would be too fearful to leave the US to retire but things change. I hope that if you make a vision board, you will share it with all of us.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I am from right in the center of Iowa...Norwalk which is a small town about a 10 minute drive to Des Moines.

Is MSU Memphis State? I'm trying to think what might be MSU close to Kentucky. I love a degree in Cyber Security and Forensics. I think that would be so interesting. Would moving closer to your dad still keep you in Kentucky? I love the idea of retiring in Costa Rica. I always thought I would be too fearful to leave the US to retire but things change. I hope that if you make a vision board, you will share it with all of us.
It's Murray State University. If you look north and just a little east of Memphis you will see the bitty burg of Murray, KY. It's a really small town when the students are gone (we have about 10,000 kids at MSU). Moving east might keep us in Kentucky or put us in North Carolina, West Virginia, Tennessee, or Alabama. I would LOVE to live in Gatlinburg. No state income tax in TN. Daddy lives in NC about 50 miles from Raleigh/Durham. Taxes are higher than a cat's back there and he recommends not moving to NC but close enough that it's not the 15 or so hours we drive now. I have to stop a lot so my feet and legs don't swell.

I hope to make it to Iowa in the not to distant future. I would like to see where my great grandfather grew up after they came to the US and see where Grandpa was born. When I was stationed in England I was in the village where my great grandfather was born and didn't know it. Momma said he was from Wiltshire, but he was from Lincolnshire so I was looking in the wrong place. I had friends in Lincs and we had lunch at the pub in Fulbeck. I'm hoping to do some professionaly genealogy and forensic genealogy when I retire. That would be the cat's meow!

LSlycord

It's Murray State University. If you look north and just a little east of Memphis you will see the bitty burg of Murray, KY. It's a really small town when the students are gone (we have about 10,000 kids at MSU). Moving east might keep us in Kentucky or put us in North Carolina, West Virginia, Tennessee, or Alabama. I would LOVE to live in Gatlinburg. No state income tax in TN. Daddy lives in NC about 50 miles from Raleigh/Durham. Taxes are higher than a cat's back there and he recommends not moving to NC but close enough that it's not the 15 or so hours we drive now. I have to stop a lot so my feet and legs don't swell.

I hope to make it to Iowa in the not to distant future. I would like to see where my great grandfather grew up after they came to the US and see where Grandpa was born. When I was stationed in England I was in the village where my great grandfather was born and didn't know it. Momma said he was from Wiltshire, but he was from Lincolnshire so I was looking in the wrong place. I had friends in Lincs and we had lunch at the pub in Fulbeck. I'm hoping to do some professionaly genealogy and forensic genealogy when I retire. That would be the cat's meow!
I love Tennessee. On my dad's side, much of my family came from eastern Tennessee. I used to do a lot of genealogy as a hobby. Mom, Dad, Brian and I made a trip to the Smokies and we stopped along the way and toured some little mountain cemeteries that were family plots. It was quite the experience. I love Gatlinburg...I hope to get back there again sometime in 2022. Brian and I were just talking about where we might retire. Want to get the kids through college and then, I really don't know. We will see.

vivaartistry

Designer
Oh cool! I do love how vision boards are kinda like how "if you put it out into the universe, it will happen"!!!

Where in Florida? I also live 35 min away from a lighthouse and we can see it from our boat in the marina! I'm in St Augustine in the north part of Florida!

LSlycord

Oh cool! I do love how vision boards are kinda like how "if you put it out into the universe, it will happen"!!!

Where in Florida? I also live 35 min away from a lighthouse and we can see it from our boat in the marina! I'm in St Augustine in the north part of Florida!
Oh my goodness. It is the St. Augustine lighthouse that we live near. We live in St. Johns county between Jacksonville and St. Augustine. We are neighbors!

vivaartistry

Designer
Oh my goodness. It is the St. Augustine lighthouse that we live near. We live in St. Johns county between Jacksonville and St. Augustine. We are neighbors!
Ummm...well, ok, I'm nearby World of Golf, St Johns county as well. I will have to find you on FB so we can get a chance to meet up!!! LOLOL.

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
I’m hit or Miss with completing them. I have an actual cork board in my office that use for that…..