Oscraps

All Time Favorite!

Caro

CHEERY O
What is your favorite movie of all time?
For me it's not a hard question to answer because there is one movie I just can't get enough of and can watch over and over and the ending still gives me butterflies to this day...
My favorite movie of all time is Pride and Prejudice (2005)
2DI0U6U.gif

Caro

CHEERY O
some runners up are:
Interstellar
Miracle On 34th Street (the first one)
The Parent Trap (Both versions)
All Judy Garland musicals
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
White Christmas
I can watch these over and over too lol

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I'm with Anke on the LOTR series, extended versions. I just rewatched them all a couple of weeks ago. 12 hours of pure enjoyment. :popcorn1:

I'll have to back with others, too!

scrap-genie

One favorite? Not possible for me. All kinds of oldies come to mind but I don't think of them as favorites necessarily.
So,
The Mouse That Roared (or any Peter Sellers)
Juliet of the Spirits
The Great Escape
Lion in Winter
Becket
Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns
more recent, maybe
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Bohemian Rhapsody

Can't stand the way Hobbits are portrayed in LOTR but did finally watch them recently and am not a fan.

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
Ah man...it IS difficult to pick only one!!! It is pretty much a tie between The Labyrinth and The Never Ending Story, but if I had to choose, I will say The Labyrinth :lovey3: David Bowie....*le sigh* :heartpumplove: I was in middle school when it came out in theatres, and my two teen aunts took me to see it severallllll times, and then we ended up with a VHS of it that I would watch just about every day during Summer breaks at my Nana & Popa's house :beatingheart:

Other favorites...
The Never Ending Story (duh!)
Legally Blonde
Never Been Kissed
50 First Dates
The Wedding Singer
(BIG FAN OF DREW BARRYMORE...if you couldn't tell)
The Craft (I just watched it again yesterday while working on design stuff!)
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Pretty In Pink
The Breakfast Club

There are several more, but my melting brain cannot think of them right now...:fan:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
My favorite? That's a tough one. I should say some of the classics, like Gone With The Wind, The Ten Commandments, Ben Hur. However, I'm going to stick with newer ones. Here are some movies that we watch over and over and know most of the lines from:
As Good As It Gets
Pretty Woman
Dirty Dancing
My Cousin Vinnie (we still call the kids "the Yutes")
Ferris Buehler's Day Off
Pretty in Pink
A Christmas Story

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
My favorite? That's a tough one. I should say some of the classics, like Gone With The Wind, The Ten Commandments, Ben Hur. However, I'm going to stick with newer ones. Here are some movies that we watch over and over and know most of the lines from:
As Good As It Gets
Pretty Woman
Dirty Dancing
My Cousin Vinnie (we still call the kids "the Yutes")
Ferris Buehler's Day Off
Pretty in Pink
A Christmas Story
Oh yessss!!! Dirty Dancing, Ferris, and A Christmas Story are also my favorites!!! :love:

LSlycord

Well it’s a tie for me.

Top Gun and The Sound of Music.

But there are so many others.
The King and I
My Fair Lady
Bodyguard
Dirty Dancing
Love and Basketball
Where the Red Fern Grows
Old Yeller

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
WHAT??????????????
Old Yeller????????????????????????????

:thud:

My kids weren't allowed to watch that-- at all. :notinfrontofthekids:
The last time I saw it I was student teaching and sat in the back of the room trying to hide my tears from a bunch of third graders. :bawling:

Traumatizing, to this day LOL

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Hmmm, depends on the era.

Gone With the Wind
A Knight's Tale
Les Miserable - who knew Hugh Jackman, and Russell Crow could sing?
The Greatest Showman - who knew Hugh Jackman could sing like THAT!
The Harry Potter franchise
LOTRs franchise
Dirty Dancing
Lonesome Dove
Dances with Wolves

To name a few!

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
WHAT??????????????
Old Yeller????????????????????????????

:thud:

My kids weren't allowed to watch that-- at all. :notinfrontofthekids:
The last time I saw it I was student teaching and sat in the back of the room trying to hide my tears from a bunch of third graders. :bawling:

Traumatizing, to this day LOL
SAME HERE!!! I think it was HORRIBLE that they made us students watch that film...it is so incredibly sad :( I will say that it IS a good movie, very well done, but I can't do movies where animals die...don't get me started on Marley & Me... :sad1:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
I just rememered another favorite...

Stand by Me...I was in 6th grade when that came out :heartpumpred:

Oh yes, Susanne, A Knight's Tale and The Greatest Showman are two more of my favorites!!! Seriously, I know there are more...LOL I will stop :spam:'ing this thread though...:giggle4:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
SAME HERE!!! I think it was HORRIBLE that they made us students watch that film...it is so incredibly sad :( I will say that it IS a good movie, very well done, but I can't do movies where animals die...don't get me started on Marley & Me... :sad1:
I have shared this story here before-- skip over if you already heard it. ;)

The four of us were watching I Am Legend. It gets to the one scene and if you know, you know...... I was hysterical. I sobbed so hard that I had to leave the room. I couldn't stop, it was big ol' ugly crying. Caitlyn and I went downstairs and watched something silly just to keep me from crying.
I also cried my way through Frankenweenie. :D

Pro Tip: The second I see a dog in any show, I check it out on DoesTheDogDie.com Even if the dog/other animal does die, I can prepare myself. But I would never willingly watch anything like Marley and Me, my heart couldn't take it.

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
I have shared this story here before-- skip over if you already heard it. ;)

The four of us were watching I Am Legend. It gets to the one scene and if you know, you know...... I was hysterical. I sobbed so hard that I had to leave the room. I couldn't stop, it was big ol' ugly crying. Caitlyn and I went downstairs and watched something silly just to keep me from crying.
I also cried my way through Frankenweenie. :D

Pro Tip: The second I see a dog in any show, I check it out on DoesTheDogDie.com Even if the dog/other animal does die, I can prepare myself. But I would never willingly watch anything like Marley and Me, my heart couldn't take it.
I didn't know that website exists!!! THANK YOU!!!! :bowdown::hug2:

GraceJ

Tough for me chose only one, my favorites are:
Jurassic Park 1993 (although I watched the trilogy and Jurassic world, the first is the best)
Bend it like Beckham (2002)
The accidental husband (2008)
The rebound (2009)
Midnight in Paris (2011)
Copenhagen (2014)
Passengers (2016)
Victoria 2016 (french movie)
Ein Fish namens Liebe 2017 (a fish called love)
A very nutty Christmas (2018)
Alpha (2018)
Zoe (2018)
Someone, somewhere 2019 (french movie, deux moi)
About fade (2022)
Rise (french movie, En corps, 2022)
The Croods and The Croods new age.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I just rememered another favorite...

Stand by Me...I was in 6th grade when that came out :heartpumpred:

Oh yes, Susanne, A Knight's Tale and The Greatest Showman are two more of my favorites!!! Seriously, I know there are more...LOL I will stop :spam:'ing this thread though...:giggle4:
I adore both of these and Les Miserables. I'm so glad Hugh Jackman let his voice soar in The Greatest Showman. I kept waiting for it in Les Miserables but it never happened. His voice is amazing. Who knew Wolverine could sing?

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
I know, pretty crazy...I never would have guessed he could sing!!! :giggle4:
I adore both of these and Les Miserables. I'm so glad Hugh Jackman let his voice soar in The Greatest Showman. I kept waiting for it in Les Miserables but it never happened. His voice is amazing. Who knew Wolverine could sing?