Oscraps

Albums setting page order.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
In the new gallery, how do you set the order of your pages in the Albums?
From what we have found so far, the images are displayed in the order in which you upload them. There is a filter box to the right of the album, where you can choose the sort order to ascending or descending.Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 11.05.17 AM.png

agilchrest

Thank you, Vicki. I did see the filter options. I tend to do pages out of order and add some at later dates. I really liked the old albums where I could set the order of the pages including what the cover would be. Is this something that may be added in the future?

Vicki Robinson

Designer
Thank you, Vicki. I did see the filter options. I tend to do pages out of order and add some at later dates. I really liked the old albums where I could set the order of the pages including what the cover would be. Is this something that may be added in the future?
Right now, it appears to be limitation of the software. We'll add this to our list of things to look into more deeply as we get settled in. Thanks for the suggestion.

agilchrest

Thanks, Vicki. Then is there a way to add previously posted layouts to the albums?
Betty Joe & Vicki, you can post older layouts to an Album. First, go to "Your Layouts. Then select the layouts you want to move by clicking in the little box. A pop-up comes up at the bottom of the page with a dialogue box that says "Choose action.." Select "Move Media Items" Then click Go. In the next popup choose Album. You can either create an album or choose an existing album. If you choose an existing album you need to add the URL of the album.

agilchrest

Unfortunately no. A future enhancement we are working on may permit that, but we don't know yet.
Vicki, you can post older layouts to an Album. First, go to "Your Layouts. Then select the layouts you want to move by clicking in the little box. A pop-up comes up at the bottom of the page with a dialogue box that says "Choose action.." Select "Move Media Items" Then click Go. In the next popup choose Album. You can either create an album or choose an existing album. If you choose an existing album you need to add the URL of the album.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Betty Joe & Vicki, you can post older layouts to an Album. First, go to "Your Layouts. Then select the layouts you want to move by clicking in the little box. A pop-up comes up at the bottom of the page with a dialogue box that says "Choose action.." Select "Move Media Items" Then click Go. In the next popup choose Album. You can either create an album or choose an existing album. If you choose an existing album you need to add the URL of the album.
Thank you. I'll give this a try!! ♥

Vicki Robinson

Designer
Yes but when you do that, it moves them out of Gallery they were in, it doesn’t copy them. Most of the time you don’t want to do that because you uploaded those pages to designer or challenge galleries. @Betty Jo @agilchrest

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Yes but when you do that, it moves them out of Gallery they were in, it doesn’t copy them. Most of the time you don’t want to do that because you uploaded those pages to designer or challenge galleries. @Betty Jo @agilchrest
Okay. Thanks, Vicki. Nope, don't want that. I set up one album with an older layout that was only in one gallery, plus my own personal gallery, just to see how it works. Think I'll stop playing around with albums so I don't mess up my entire collection. :)

Vicki Robinson

Designer
Okay. Thanks, Vicki. Nope, don't want that. I set up one album with an older layout that was only in one gallery, plus my own personal gallery, just to see how it works. Think I'll stop playing around with albums so I don't mess up my entire collection. :)
I know what you mean! especially since we are just figuring all this stuff out.

agilchrest

Well, that is not good as I moved a number of my pages that didn't show up in my albums. I guess I need to move them back. Not sure what I should do now.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@agilchrest Hi there, just tag Vicki so that she will get an alert so she can come and give you an answer. :) Just type the @ and start typing her username, as there are a few Vickis' you will be given a list to choose from, just click on the name you require. :)

Vicki Robinson

Designer
@Vicki Robinson Vicki, If I move them back to the original gallery and then rename them in the order I want can I sort by title? I am guessing no.
Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. Unfortunately, as I said above, it appears the only sorting options are those available in that Filters setting and there is no sort by title. As to your earlier question about moving your pages back, you might want to sit tight until we have our enhancement that will allow uploading to multiple galleries. That may or may not help, but it’s worth waiting on.

As I understand it, everything you upload automatically goes into “Your Content” which is the same as what we used to call “Member Galleries“. So, for example, if you are uploading a page to a challenge gallery, that page is automatically in Your Content. If the enhancement we are waiting on works the way we expect it to, you will be able to choose a gallery gallery and a personal album at the time you upload.

agilchrest

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. Unfortunately, as I said above, it appears the only sorting options are those available in that Filters setting and there is no sort by title. As to your earlier question about moving your pages back, you might want to sit tight until we have our enhancement that will allow uploading to multiple galleries. That may or may not help, but it’s worth waiting on.

As I understand it, everything you upload automatically goes into “Your Content” which is the same as what we used to call “Member Galleries“. So, for example, if you are uploading a page to a challenge gallery, that page is automatically in Your Content. If the enhancement we are waiting on works the way we expect it to, you will be able to choose a gallery gallery and a personal album at the time you upload.
Thank you, Vicki.