advice...

What do I decide?

• bug parents to come here

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • send Myles with DH

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

LaughingSun

so... DH is going to Winnipeg for a couple of weeks at the end of may beginning of june for his 5th dan black belt test & a tournament.

my dilema is... do I really push to have my parents come & help me out... or do I try & send Myles with DH and have some alone time with Kylie for a couple of weeks?

both have pros & cons!

1: parents come here... pros... I get to see them again, I miss them like crazy and they're not 'scheduled' to come again til August 2011. cons... my Moms Mother is 96 and starting to slow down... we worry about her and they're not sure they want to leave her again so soon.

2: send Myles with DH... pros... he gets to see all the grandparents, spending a week with each set. I get to spend quality time with Kylie for a couple of weeks... we get to have girl time. cons... I'll miss Myles like crazy and will be missing out on a chance to see my parents.

NO idea what to do... but I have to book flight(s) soon so I really need to decide.

petey111

Wow. That is a dilemma!! I might consider sending Myles. Just because I love havin alone time once in a while. :)

LaughingSun

ya, I'd like to but DH is fighting the extra expense. even with airmiles :( have to talk to his Mom & see what she says. and maybe tomorrow I'll call airmiles to see how much it would actually cost!

LaughingSun

ok, I called airmiles this morning to see how much it was & if we had enough miles for 2 and we did... so DH & Myles are booked on a flight back home for 2 weeks at the end of May/beginning of June.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
That is awesome. I was going to say to send Miles too. I know my kids need their own time to spend with grandparents. They love that alone time with them. Ethan gets to play with his legos and not put them away at Grandma's house and he loves that. they used to come up with things to do but he loves to just sit and hang out with them and not go anywhere. It is really sweet. I'm glad it worked out for you.

katg1006

OH that is good :) Glad you were able to work it out! How is Myles about the trip? Excited?

yvonnahenna

I voted for send Myles with DH.
But I see you've allready made the decision.

I know my DD also loves her alone time with me/DH/grandparents.. And I like to spend time with her or her little sister alone once in a while :D

LaughingSun

ya, it was kinda spur of the moment lol... called airmiles, there was only a few seats left, it was a good deal, dh was home to make a quick decision so we booked the flights :)