Oscraps

Current Challenge 2024-10 Rachel Jefferies October 2024 Mixed Media Challenge

mywisecrafts

Sarcasm is the way I Roll
CHEERY O
Hey My Friends. Can you believe it is October???!!! The last quarter of the year is always busy and crazy and yet I love it at the same time!!

As a reminder, here is overview of the approach to the 2024 Mixed Media Challenges:
Each month through 2024 a broad theme will be provided for the challenge and you can interpret these themes as literally or as loosely and abstractly as you wish.

Please feel inspired and relaxed to experiment and personalize these challenges this year to your advantage. Our goal for 2024 is for you to get pages scrapped, use your stash of digital art, and if you’d like, and have time, practice some fun techniques to build confidence in your mixed media scrapbooking.

If you’d like to learn something specific please inbox Rachel with your suggestion.

For October 2024, our challenge will be to choose one of the October inspired quotes from below that resonates with you the most or helps you to get a page scrapped!!!

This is a casual challenge and you can interpret these monthly themes as literally or as loosely and abstractly as you wish and put your own spin on it. Here are the list of quotes for this month's challenge . . .

"October was always the least dependable of months...full of ghosts and shadows."
— Joy Fielding

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."
— Lucy Maud Montgomery, Ann of Green Gables

"October is a symphony of permanence and change."
— Bonaro W. Overstreet

"October is crisp days and cool nights, a time to curl up around the dancing flames and sink into a good book."
— John Sinor

"October had tremendous possibility. The summer's oppressive heat was a distant memory, and the golden leaves promised a world full of beautiful adventures. They made me believe in miracles."
— Sarah Guillory, Reclaimed

Normally, I include my tips/technique/tutorial before I share my finished layout. This month, I'm reversing the order just a smidge. I'm chose to switch the order up bit as I feel my tip will make more sense if you see my layout first.

Here's my layout and it was inspired by this quote:
"October is a symphony of permanence and change." — Bonaro W. Overstreet

vibGzCO.jpg

Tips/Technique/Tutorial:
With each challenge, a tip/technique/tutorial will be included. There is no pressure to incorporate the tip/technique/tutorial into your challenge page, the choice is entirely yours.

Sometimes, I come across quotes that I really resonate with me, but I don't quite know how to incorporate the quote in my layout or maybe I don't have any photos to truly capture the essence of what I want to depict.

If you find yourself in this situation, I suggest ART JOURNALING. Remember, art journaling is about the use of color, words, images, mixed media, composition, etc in a manner of your choosing to achieve a final outcome that tells the story you want to tell. It can be very abstract in form or more definitive.

For my above layout, I took a more definitive art journaling approach. I'll outline my perspective so that it may provide more insight or inspire you either for this layout or for future layouts.

I interpreted the "permanence" part of the quote to mean it's a constant that you can't hide from me. So the left part of my layout with my photo is me capturing everyday life. I can't hide from it.

I took the interpretation of "change" very literal and in its own sense, it's very constant as well. The one thing that we know is that change is enevitable. I represented that on the right edge of the page with the butterfly and the floral paints to represent that every cycle of "change" has an end result that emerges.

If you look again at my layout, the layout in its entirety represents "change" and the blue arrows help to depict that. Moving from one constant to the next.

m4E5fIP.jpg

Below are some examples from the team--they were both inspired by this quote:
"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."— Lucy Maud Montgomery, Ann of Green Gables

from @Rachel Jefferies
KdiGpJ0.jpg

from @Dady

WocLNr5.jpg

Challenge Requirements:
  • Create a new page inspired by one of the above quotes, please include the quote that inspired you in your post in this thread.
  • Use at least 75% of Rachel's Product currently available in her Oscraps shop.
  • Any remaining percentage must be product from another current Oscraps designer. This could also include retired products from Rachel or the other current Oscraps designer.
  • Hybrid projects are also welcome and the same product rules apply. Where digital products are used in a hybrid project they must all come from current Oscraps designers, and at least 75% must be Rachel's Product.
  • Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at Oscraps with your product credits.
  • For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST upload your finished layout to this thread. Please link your gallery image to your post in this thread, as it helps us leave love on your layout (and validate your project).
  • No double-dipping… your layout must be created for this challenge only, no others.
  • You must create a NEW layout for this challenge.
  • This challenge will remain open for the monthly coupons through October 31, 2024
Prizes:
  • All participants who post their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meet the criteria will be eligible for a coupon of 15% off their next order (from Rachel's shop) of $10 or more.
  • ONE lucky random winner who posts their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meets the criteria will receive a $8.00 coupon for Rachel's Shop here at Oscraps!
  • By completing ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at Oscraps in 2024, this will give you the chance to win a $25 coupon to her shop!
    • In order to be eligible for $25 Coupon to Rachel's shop you will need to do the following:
      • Complete ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at Oscraps in 2024 by December 31, 2024 by 1159 PM PDT.
      • Post the challenge layout in the appropriate challenge month thread in Rachel Jefferies Challenge Threads (for example: January Challenge layout must be posted in the January Challenge thread that is linked back to the gallery--even if you complete it in November, it still must be posted in the January Thread).
      • Complete your tracker thread with a link to each layout by December 31, 2024 by 1159 PM PDT.
Note: Challenge pages will be accepted for individual challenges after the actual challenge month and the end of month deadlines have both passed.

If you have any questions just tag me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. As always, I look forward to your creations!