Oscraps

100 Days Project Challenge? Anyone doing?

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
In years past I have seen people creating varied artistic type projects for the 100 Days Challenge. In a newsletter I received from a mixed media artist I subscribe to, she spoke about this challenge and explained that it was simply a challenge to do some type of artistic/craft/hobby related project every day for 100 days. No rules etc, it could be using real life paints, pencils etc; digital as in scrapbooking, making ATC's etc; photography, taking photos of something different for 100 days or taking a photo of the same thing/person/whatever for the 100 days. You can do sewing, knitting, gardening, whatever floats your boat! :)

It begins on Feb 18. For some reason it really stirred up a desire to try this out this year and do something along the lines of a mixed media/art journaling piece each day. I actually cleaned up my craft desk last week and tidied up my arty stuff so was feeling a bit inspired to so something! So I went through my stash this morning, deciding what type of journal to use, it had to be small!! I really want to just create something small each day and not spend all day looking for that right bit of paper, or lace, or ribbon, or whatever!!! That is what gets me bogged down I think and then I end up getting frustrated with myself!

Had anyone done this challenge in years gone by? Did you like it? What type of project did you do?

If anyone is interested we could perhaps have a little area here in this forum where we could post our daily pictures if you wanted to? Of course there is no need to post any pictures if you don't want to, and it doesn't have to be a daily picture if you do want to post, I mean you could just do one photo each week showing your projects for the 7 days?? Just trying to gauge if anyone is interested in joining me? I think I would like to post mine so that I have a visual timeline and to keep myself up-to-date. And it does not have to be 'artsy', as mentioned above any hobby or craft can be done.

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
I think that this is wonderful!!! It might sometimes be pics of papers I am making in PS, BUT, I have been wanting to get back into painting, even though it is messy, and I currently do not have a good place to do it. I am not commiting to every day pics because I am not creative every day, and I cannot force myself to be. I LOVE this idea though!!!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I need to commit to something daily at the moment (however I could totally change my mind a month from now! lol!), just doing something with my hands. I think that is why I am going SMALL, just little pieces that might only take me 30mins or so to do. I find I am spending way too much time on the pc these days, and while I love creating digitally, the messy inks and paints are calling to me at the moment! :lol23: I am even thinking of just getting some bits and pieces out the night before and then using those pieces only for the day's project. I just seem to spend so much time looking for stuff AND I get easily sidetracked! ... like I am looking for the box of lace I have....... and then come across some cards I have kept the kids made me and I start looking at them........... wondering how I can use them on another project! sheesh!!! :giggle4:

I think some pics of your papers in progress would be cool Jenn, maybe take a screen shot each day of a paper and then at the end of the week just post what you have done for the week? or even for the month. :)

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
Getting your stuff out the night before is a GREAT idea!! I hear you on getting sidetracked...I have so many "Squirrel!!" moments...and they do often involve actual squirrels since I am constantly stopping what I am doing to get the little buggers off of my bird feeders :giggle4: I would really enjoy seeing your creations!! :heartpumplove:

I like your idea of taking screen shots...thanks!! :beatingheart:

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
... just doing something with my hands. I think that is why I am going SMALL, just little pieces that might only take me 30mins or so to do. I find I am spending way too much time on the pc these days....

I so completely feel the same way! It's been on my mind for a while that I want to do something hands-on, but I keep thinking about needlework--the quilt I haven't finished, some cross stitch projects I've started, yarn that hasn't been knitted or crocheted yet.

However, I'm still working on my home renovation project; except circular saws, sanders, and hammers are the tools right now!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I have done this in the past - I even just took a picture a day if I didn't have anything else. I haven't done it for a few years, but I might try it again this year. My DD and I have been going through all of my paper stash and I found some things that I had been missing. I might try to do something in my Traveler's Notebooks. I have so many of them and it was fun for the both of us to look through them as we were organizing. I have lots of empty pages.

We should have a place here to share what we've created - that would be great.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I so completely feel the same way! It's been on my mind for a while that I want to do something hands-on, but I keep thinking about needlework--the quilt I haven't finished, some cross stitch projects I've started, yarn that hasn't been knitted or crocheted yet.

However, I'm still working on my home renovation project; except circular saws, sanders, and hammers are the tools right now!
Maybe just takes some pics of your reno stuff, tools, work in progress, works completed etc. you could always use them for layouts later. :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I have done this in the past - I even just took a picture a day if I didn't have anything else. I haven't done it for a few years, but I might try it again this year. My DD and I have been going through all of my paper stash and I found some things that I had been missing. I might try to do something in my Traveler's Notebooks. I have so many of them and it was fun for the both of us to look through them as we were organizing. I have lots of empty pages.

We should have a place here to share what we've created - that would be great.
Oh that would be so great Cheryl, remember it doesn't have to be big, just work on small parts each day. xxx

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I was showing my daughter my Traveler's Notebooks today and telling her about the Project and we both got excited. She said I should do it. So, I think I will. :heartpumpred:
yay!!! I have set the forum up so just have a think about how you will post and perhaps mark off some posts. I just set up mine.......... I think posting your pics and then chatting with people will make it a bit hard to see your 'work' if you know what I mean, so I am going to post my pics in 'strips' and just do it weekly. :) I am getting a bit excited too! So happy you will be joining me sweetie! xxx

seniorgal

This sounds like just what I need. I'm taking a couple of online watercolor classes, but don't seem to be doing the tutorials much.
I am pondering how to get started and may join you!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
This sounds like just what I need. I'm taking a couple of online watercolor classes, but don't seem to be doing the tutorials much.
I am pondering how to get started and may join you!
yay! Barbara, that sounds great! Oh there would be lots of things you could do each day, just practice sheets for the first few days and then painting different things, and moving onto more intricate things? Glad you are joining us! :dancingelephant:

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I think I'm gonna use this challenge to get myself taking photos with my camera again. It's so easy to just use the phone & snap, and I rarely use my cameras at all. Think I'm gonna use my smaller camera, mainly because Urban will need the other one for a trip in March, and ... well, consistency. The small one is a Canon G7, so it's not a crappy camera at all.

I'm thinking taking some more artsy photos, not just snaps. Maybe black & white photography. Well, I'll mean editing it black & white.

It's a good thing I'm a hoarder. I found an old template from 2009 with 100 photo spots on. I think I've decided on my 100 Day Project! Now I need to decide on a kit ... not that there much room on that template for stuff with 100 photos. LOL

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
If all digital is good, I will join y'all doing a digital ATC a day.
Oh yes, from what I read about the challenge it can be about anything, the idea of the challenge is to do it everyday for 100 days, that part is the challenge. :) So happy you are joining us!! :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I think I'm gonna use this challenge to get myself taking photos with my camera again. It's so easy to just use the phone & snap, and I rarely use my cameras at all. Think I'm gonna use my smaller camera, mainly because Urban will need the other one for a trip in March, and ... well, consistency. The small one is a Canon G7, so it's not a crappy camera at all.

I'm thinking taking some more artsy photos, not just snaps. Maybe black & white photography. Well, I'll mean editing it black & white.

It's a good thing I'm a hoarder. I found an old template from 2009 with 100 photo spots on. I think I've decided on my 100 Day Project! Now I need to decide on a kit ... not that there much room on that template for stuff with 100 photos. LOL
Oh that sounds fun Eva, and lol about the template! I am a hoarder as well but have made a simple template of my own to hold a week's worth of photos of my projects. :) I think mixing up your photos will help you from getting bored as well. :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Well I have been mucking around with creating a template to house the projects but realised it is not going to work as each piece of art is not going to be the same size or page orientaton so just going to post them as I do them. :) might add some more blank posts to my thread! lol! :)

tanteva

Well I have been mucking around with creating a template to house the projects but realised it is not going to work as each piece of art is not going to be the same size or page orientaton so just going to post them as I do them. :) might add some more blank posts to my thread! lol! :)

I don't get why you leave those blank posts? What am I not understanding?

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I don't get why you leave those blank posts? What am I not understanding?
Eva, what Cindy said, I would like to have my projects at the top and leave the rest for chatting, just so I can easily see what I have posted and haven't. :) You certainly don't have to do it that way though! :) I may end up running out of room but will see. :) I have just about finished my first mixed media piece, just waiting for it to dry to add a couple of more things. :) yay!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Ona @wombat146 I've been "mucking around" with mine all day, too. I know what I want to do (I think) but it's just not coming together. I'm going to do mine at week's end like you said you were going to do. Too much pressure to do them every day. :crazy::spinningchair:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I know I can't commit to a full 100 days just now but today I both took a few photos other than the usual and also did a small mixed media page in a small old sketchbook. It's inspiring even without the full commitment.
I might have to do a photo a day sometimes, Jean. We went to a cool antique store today and I think I got some interesting shots.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I really think the whole idea of the challenge was to challenge yourself to do 'something' creative each day for the 100 days. So really there are no rules as such as to what you do. :) You can swap stuff out, and remember we are just challenging ourselves not anyone else so just go for it and do what you want!! I am just about finished my first project, BUT I 'semi-cheated' and used a background of pieced papers that I have in my stash, so I am simply adding a few bits to it to complete it. :)

tanteva

I'm so gonna miss everyone's postings, since I only check "New posts", when I go to Oscraps. Gotta try and remember to check your threads & see if you filled the gaps. Which won't happen ... cuz you know: my brain.......

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Was loading photos from the camera chip yesterday when I realized that it was almost completely full!!! It has photos from the last 3+ years on it!! Looked around and I don't have a new chip so need to pick one up so I can take more photos.
I will do a summary of the week rather than a daily one. Mine will be a mixed bag of things I do that week.
@Cherylndesigns - I love the LO you did with your DH's hat! Got me to thinking about a few special things of my DH that I should put on a LO.