Oscraps

01/19 QOTD: Elastics

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I have them everywhere. Do you? What do you use them for?

I have elastics in a container above my kitchen sink. When I need to close up and store away food bags, I roll down the top of the bag and then wrap an elastic around it to keep it closed. I do this a lot for bagged salad/veggies. I used to use the bag clips from Ikea but I kept loosing them and having to buy more and sometimes the clip falls off if the bag gets moved around. I find the elastics so much easier and cheaper to use.

I also have the coated elastics for my hair. I throw it up into a ponytail a lot to keep it out of my way, especially when it's hot. But another great use I found for some black coated elastics I have is to slip one over my wrist support that i wear when typing all day with work, it keeps the support from loosening and sometimes falling off as the velcro seal on it isn't as sticky as it used to be.

Elastics are something I always keep on hand and never run out. What about you? Do you have any use for them?

Aussiekat

I had to think about this for a minute ... I don't think I have any - at least not at home. I have a container of them at work, ones that come in from bulk mailings, and I always seem to have papers or envelopes and such that need to be bundled up.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I use them on my clothes hangers to keep some of my tops from slipping off of the hanger. Just wrap the elastic around the ends like this ...
0607-rubberband-hanger_300.jpg

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
I dont have any elastics either. Never use them.
For my plastic bags (bread) i use pegs to keep them closed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoggiNo

I do have some but they always seem to break when I need them.

For bags that go back into freezer I do use elastics to keep everything from rolling out. When it's not going into the freezer I mostly use washing pegs.

And, Rae, like you ... black hair elastics to keep my hair out of the way when it's hot or annoying me. LOL

Trudy, that's a cool idea !!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I had to think of what "elastics" were for a minute- we call them rubber bands. :D

I use them for a lot of things, like closing bags of chips, or stuff that goes in the freezer.
Hair bands- all of the time since I put my hair in a bun/pony most days.

Trudy- that is awesome! Will have to remember to bring some rubber bands up to the laundry room!

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
A clever idea Trudy ... but my tops are folded into the cupboard;
In winter I don't need hair elastics ...
By summer I let my hair grow out so that I can do it in a ponytail with ... a hair elastic ....

For my plastic bags in the freezer I use the clips of Ikea ... I also use plastic pockets with zip closure.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
This is an example of how Lyme disease has *totally* taken over my life, and how i find it very amusing as well.

So yeah, this morning I am thinking about rubber bands and food and my hair. Can't think of much other than those, although I have rubber bands all over. I get ready to take my shower and what do I pull off of my bathroom sink faucet? Rubber bands. Tons of them. Just goes to show that having a PICC Line in for over 2 years now, how it seems so freaking *normal* to have to use Saran wrap and rubber bands every time I get in the shower to keep my Line dry. It is now "normal."

What you don't have rubber bands and Saran Wrap in your bathroom???
*snorts!!!*

:rofl: