Oscraps

01/07 QOTD: Porch

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Do you have a balcony, porch or deck? Do you use it much?

We have a small porch out front but it's not big enough to sit out on, but our back porch off our kitchen/dining room is the width of the house and covered. We BBQ and sit out in the summer, often celebrating summer holidays out there. We keep a table and stackable chairs out there along with a couple adirondack chairs with cushions. It's not fancy but it's comfortable and we can easily sit 10-12 people out there with easy access to the kitchen.

LaurieW

lOve the O!
I have a front porch which needs a bench or glider so I could use it. I also have a back deck and patio and when it is warm enough, I use them. I just took the Christmas lights off the deck today- temps up in the 80's!

DoggiNo

We have a terrace at the back of our house and I would love to have it covered (or at least partially covered).

Now we only use it when it's really hot and only in the weekends.
On weekdays, the usable area is already shaded by the time we get home or it's raining (Yeah for living in Belgium LOL)

Maybe one day I can make up my mind on how I want it covered. :?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
My dream house has a wrap around porch and a second story balcony overlooking the ocean.
(Key word: Dream!hahahah!!)

We have a very small patio in the front of our house. We don't use it for much except in the summer where we have some tomato/pepper plants and some pots of herbs. Before we got sick, we had a cute set up in the back yard, just a table and chairs and a chiminea and we would have BBQs and parties. Now it is a tick-apobia zone. :pound:

DoggiNo

Now it is a tick-apobia zone. :pound:

We have a wooden deck at the back of our garden like that too. We put it there specially to have a place in the sun after work, but that turned out to be the part of the garden with the highest chance of getting a tick bite. :Cry:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
*full body shudders*

we are surrounded by woods on three sides, so I can relate. However, we were all infected way before we moved here, so go figure! I know of one lady who was infected while she was living in NYC.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
We only have a terrace ... I use it as much as possible ... I love eating outside ... but yes I also live in Belgium ... and I can't use is as much as I would love to ...

A porch is comfortable ... but so much windows to be cleaned ... :(