Oscraps

Wild Things
ksacry

Wild Things

The story of this photo is: Imagine my surprise when a Great Blue Heron appeared in my backyard, standing on the patio umbrella. I grabbed my camera and got one blurred photo of him on the umbrella before he flew into my pine tree. He stood there for 5 shots before he flew off, never to be seen again. September 4, 2006.
I have never used these photos before in a layout because the quality of my digital camera back in 2006 was pathetic in comparison to today’s cameras (Camera: Canon Powershot S2 IS with zoom lens 6-72mm, 1/60s, f3.5, ISO 75). Thanks to TopazAI sharpening and Adobe's CameraRaw filter, I was able to bring back some details and the Toon Artist Action is very forgiving of bad photos.

Construction: I used the free Toon Artist Action from Adobe and Class: Tooned for Adobe Photoshop by Jen White at Digital Scrapper, for the effect on the extracted photo (just can’t get enough fun out of this action).When I started my photo covered the entire canvas. I changed the Toon background layers to blend the Toon Background Pattern (stripes) with the Toon Original Background (the tooned photo background). Then I re-colored and modified several of the Toon Artist layers until I was satisfied with the main Toon heron.
I added ArtPlay Palette Forester Solid Paper No 1 as the background (lowest layer level). I overlaid Artist Edge Overlays No 9 #1 in black to cover some of the Toon edge artifacts.
I added the ArtPlay Palette Forester Frame #2, clipping my heron photo to the mask. I duplicated the frame layer and blended with Linear Burn to darken.
I added the Yew and Wooden Tree elements and the LW Natural Beauty from the Forester Palette on the frame’s edge. Over the top, I placed Outdoor WordART Clusters No 1 #1 with the “all” removed and the word transfer blended.
Credits list
Bundle Special for the month of August, when purchased together In The Wild ValuePack No 1 then
Butterflies ValuePack No 1 is 1/2 price.
Supplies used in this layout from the bundles:
ArtPlay Palette Forester
Artist Edge Overlays No 9
Other supplies:
Outdoor WordART Clusters No 1 Also On Sale (A Part of ArtPlay Vagary Collection)
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
Fantastic job on the photo. Love the TOON effect, especially that green splatter. I am about 4-5 videos into it. Might have to wait till I'm done with the travel project. Great story too!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
ksacry
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-artplay-collection-in-the-wild-ksacry-wild-things.jpg
File size
242.1 KB
Dimensions
1000px x 1000px

Share this layout