Oscraps

Weaving
musicmom3

Weaving

Old-school potholder loom fun with grandkiddos. Made with supplies from "Studious," a new limited-time-only sale artplay collection to hit the aA store on August 30.

Process: I began by placing my photo and blending it into the background with Artsy Brushes, refining the edges with a hard round brush. By temporarily placing the photo in multiply blend mode, it makes it easier to see the edges to blend but I didn't go nuts over the edges knowing I could cover up anything awkward (which is exactly what I did, using paint on the bottom and themultimedia globe from the collection at the top). This is a template layout, and to fit the title and journaling, I wound up moving one of the frames. My background is Studious Artsy Paper #2 on multiply mode over Artsy Paper #1, with the bottom of paper #2 whisked away with a layer mask. I added brushwork and a Studious Artsy Transfer to the background (breaking up the Artsy Transfer and spreading the layers throughout the layer stack) and a simple bow/star embellishment. I also recolored a few of the brushes and stains to teal and brown.
Credits list
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: isDK and lacy
magnifique page ! il est trop mignon!! très bonne idée le globe terrestre en arrière plan !

So cute! I remember doing that, but pretty sure I was older than 5 and nobody told me a thing about color theory. My goodness! What a great introduction for them.

What great pictures and a wonderful page, showing your grandchildren having old-fashioned fun. I remember how I loved making pot holders just like these.

Oh gosh this is great! I made those potholders when I was little, as I'm sure you did! The photos are wonderful, the title perfect, and I love the arrangement! Really like this collection!

Oh gosh this is great! I made those potholders when I was little, as I'm sure you did! The photos are wonderful, the title perfect, and I love the arrangement! Really like this collection!
Thanks! My summer project book has really thrown me off the other albums...this turned into a good intro back into something that is NOT about our Cape Escape!

Brings back some great memories. What a fantastic way to enjoy them. They look captivated.BTW, the blending is superb.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename