Oscraps

Vida Ruth, 1920s, Galveston
lacy

Vida Ruth, 1920s, Galveston

My grandmother, Vida Ruth, I’m guessing late 1920’s. Her dress and hat certainly look like the Roaring 20’s. And one of the few pieces of china she painted I’m fortunate to have.

I started with the old family photo (clipped to Linear FotoBlendz 4-2) and my photo of the china dish (clipped to Disquiet FotoBlendz 1-3). I placed Antiquity Artsy Paper 2 below for the foundation. I added Overlays, Transfers, Paint from the Palette above the foundation, plus ArchiTextures 6-1 brush with portions erased. Embellished with Palette Elements (adjusted hue of the rose), UrbanThreadz, WordART, Beaded Threadz, Antiquity brushes and a pale lilac Photo Filter. I finished with title, journaling and a Radial Gradient Fill (purple/peach), blend mode Soft Light, lowered Opacity.
Credits list
ArtPlay Collection Antiquity, ON Sale this week
ArtPlay Palette Antiquity (paper, Overlay, Silver Paint, Transfer, elements, brushes)
ArchiTextures 6-1
Urban Threadz 11-4
Antiquity WordART (WordTransfer 3,WordART5, Beaded Threadz PAST)

FotoGlow Mix 2-2B
Linear FotoBlendz 4-2
Disquiet FotoBlendz 1-3
MultiMedia Documents 9-11 (lace, hue adjusted to lilac)
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
Beautiful heritage page! Love the blending in the background ... and what a great treasure you have ...

What a gorgeous page! Love the way the colored parts pop off the background, especially that beautiful china dish (I feel like my mom had something just like it).

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
lacy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename