Oscraps

untitled no.1 WES 2018
Adryane

untitled no.1 WES 2018

This is for the white space challenge (no.3) https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36116

Thank you, Sandrine!

Every year the Oakland Museum in California has a White Elephant Sale. The sale takes place in a huge warehouse space. This is the first year that I've been able to attend. There is a preview sale in January where you pay for admission, then 2 free days in March. I went on Saturday. Wow! So many different things to see. I finally found a section that had a bunch of old photos in boxes. I started to look through the photos but the process was too difficult, especially with so many people crowding and bumping into me. So, I didn't take any of the photos, but I asked about simply buying a box of the photos. One of the volunteers told me that if I came back the next day I could fill up a bag for $6 or a box for $8 (instead of paying $.25 per photo). I know ......................... what could I possibly want with more old photos ................... but the temptation was too strong, so now I have some 400 new, old photos of people that I don't know :) There is quite a variety. Some are so bad I can't make anything out, some are very clear, and some even have writing on the back. I thought I would start with some of the tiny head shots that I found and see what comes over the next year.

Credits
Anna Aspnes
DrippedStains No.1 (not sold separately https://www.oscraps.com/shop/At-The-Beach-ValuePack-No.-1.html)

I made a solid black mat using the shape tool. Then, I made a mask for the photos and clipped each photo to the mask twice. I made a text brush using a script font and stamped the text on a layer over the photo. The layer is set to soft light. I masked the layer to take out some of the writing over the faces. I added some heavy shadowing so the mask looks recessed and added the dripped stain over the images (linear burn). I added a stroke for a frame and the title and it was done.

Thanks for looking :)
So nice that you've found a faux family. Love your design. And, yes, I would have done the same thingbuy a box. Big grin!

Wow. I'd want those photos, too. Score! Cool photo-booth style to this, and great solution to (temporary) photo overwhelm. ;)

You've rescued all those people from oblivion, I can't wait to see what masterpieces you create with them! Lucky 400 :)

400 photos., lol, yes, I would have probably done that also! The stain and text brush really adds interest!

J'aime cet effet de petites photos colles les unes aux autres. Et beau sauvetage de vieilles photos.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Adryane
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout