The Promise
B

The Promise

ArtPlay Palette GlacialArtPlayPalette Glacial
ArtsyTransfers ChillsArtsyTransfersChills
AnnaBlendz Artsy No. 6AnnaBlendzArtsyNo.6
UrbanThreadz No. 8UrbanThreadzNo.8
Photo taken with my iPhone

The Process: The main photo was clipped to the frame mask and left at normal blend mode. Behind it I clipped the photo to a Glacial brush, enlarging the photo to fit and blending it to Linear Burn.

Underneath I placed ArtsyTransfer Chills 3 to give it some depth, turning off a part of the transfer that didnt work in the layout. I love the fact that the transfers come in layers to manipulate them to suit the layout. I added another transfer from APP Glacial underneath all that matching up the lace.

I duplicated my photo four times, clipping it to the Glacial Overlay 3, blending with color burn and poster edges on the left side of my page to balance the yellow.

I locked down the journaling and used a brush from the Palette to brush some yellow I picked up from the photo to bring more of the yellow from the photo to the left side of the layout. Im all about balance.

Last I added the branch, flower, scribbles and stitches to complete my page. I truly love how everything works together so smoothly.
I LOVE daffodils too! I planted 55 of them last fall. Here we have to keep them in the refrigerator for a week weeks to convince them they've seen winter, but then we actually had a very cold November and December. I can't wait for shoots to appear! I love the yellows and blues on the page and how you brushed some color on to the journaling (may steal this idea :)

Beautiful ... love them too ... love the colortones of the background with the yellow of the flowers!

Love the touch of Yellow and the glacial blue....great contrast....and it smells spring.....

Okay, I need to go to the store ... it will be quite awhile before we see any real sprouts appearing, so I'm taking you up on your wonderful idea and I am going to buy me some spring! Beautiful page and thank you for the great idea. I can feel my spirits lifting just from the anticipation.

Beautiful daffodils! A definite sign of spring! Beautiful page and love the slight hint of yellow on the journaling!

You had me with the beautiful image... nothing better than fresh flowers to brighten the day. I like how you framed your photo,then clipped it to a brush.. nice extension and subtle color!!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout