Oscraps

The Music in My Heart
Jam-on-toast

The Music in My Heart

Another AJ page as part of my intentional quest for little joys of life. Parenting teenagers is so emotional that one must be content with whatever crumbles one gets. That day, he talked to me AND wanted to study... double victory as far as this momma is concerned.

The journaling reads:

This mirror selfie didn't happen because my son bellowed NOODLES from the kitchen just as I was about to press the button. I was ready, smile and all, poised for a good shot, but turned on an instinct to see what he was on about. Him standing there all disappointed we were out of his favorite instant noodles was a sight to behold. Hair disheveled, chocolate milk in hand, he looked every bit the endearing kid he still is 'Can you get them?' He stared at me. 'And hurry up so we can study, 'cause I'm going out later,' he added impatiently. I nodded, reminding myself it was all one step at a time, and went shopping grateful to have shared this wonderful moment of connection with him.
  • Love
Reactions: isDK
Great attitude and I can so relate to the situation with your teenager, I experienced it very similarly. There will certainly be more relaxed times ahead.
Beautiful design, the paper in the background with the fine lines is a great choice to connect the two torn photo pieces.

Great attitude and I can so relate to the situation with your teenager, I experienced it very similarly. There will certainly be more relaxed times ahead.
Beautiful design, the paper in the background with the fine lines is a great choice to connect the two torn photo pieces.
thank you! I would love to those more relaxed times to hurry up here... I love hearing I am not alone in this and other parents have had similar experiences.

thank you! I would love to those more relaxed times to hurry up here... I love hearing I am not alone in this and other parents have had similar experiences.
At first I tried patience and understanding (no change in his behavior), then I had to switch to survival mode.
Now he's showering me with declarations of love (he's 20).
I wish you the same, as soon as possible.

Olga... Look at the camera!!! LOL. And then I read the journaling. I concur man, parenting teenagers, that is what makes one age. Love this gorgeous layout and this moment of real life captured.

Layout information

Category
Rachel Jefferies
Added by
Jam-on-toast
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename