Oscraps

The Endless Universe
Joansmor

The Endless Universe

Inspiration – Been attending Anna’s sessions. Always gets my creative juices flowing. For me Scrapbooking is mainly a way to display my photos. But I see all these creative pages that are presented in the sessions and I have to try a little creativity myself. Doesn’t matter that I will never be as good as some of my teammates on matters that I have fun trying. And hope in the process I inspire others to give it a try.

Start – Create a new file File>New 12x12 300

Paper – put solid papers 2 and 4 over the background layer. I set the blend mode on Solid Paper 2 to Color Dodge.

Photos – used two photos from Unsplash.com - remy-penet-zaM9LhySx_0-unsplash and nicola-ricca-oSM6a3kSSeA-unsplash. Both photos are of spiral staircases. The first one I selected the dark color and copied it onto a separate layer which I placed over the paper and enlarged to cover the whole sheet. I added the second photo under the first and added a mask to remove parts I didn’t want to be displayed.
Transfers – I placed the jpg version of Artsy Transfer 1 above the papers with a Blend Mode of Vivid Light. Moved the PSD version of artsy transfer 2 on the page. Transfer 4 blend mode Pin light and jpg of artsy transfer 3 with blend mode subtract also were placed on the page above the papers.
Elements – Multimedia 3 I placed over the photos and used warp to give it a curve also used Ctrl I to change the thread from black to white. Took the heart and copied it twice. Each time I rotated it some, changed the size and the color.

Brush – Used Take flight 3.3 in white over the black area.

Words – Word transfer starry with Blend Mode soft light. Typed “Endless Universe” for the title. Also use the beaded word love over the middle of the page.
Amazing. This is so mind-catching I couldn't not look! That black background really is a wonderful palette for this design!

love, love, love! Such striking work, Joan! And you're right about the fun--for me, it's all about working to accomplish what you set out to achieve. I'm still using Photoshop Elements 14 for heaven's sakes, but it gets me to where I want to go. Onward!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Joansmor
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename