Oscraps

The brothel
myla

The brothel

In the crossroads of two secondary streets of Pompeii, you will find a building(ship) in front of which the crowd accumulates for the visit. And this place of curiosity is other than the biggest brothel of the city.
The prostitution was common(current) in
Pompeii..Besides brothels, she(it) practiced(was applied) on the first floor inns and inns or in small rooms(chambers) giving onto the street.
Phallus engraved(burnt) in stony paving stones or on walls served as pictogram to go to these places of pleasure.
This is a beautiful page! I love the way you blended the background photo behind the woman. It looks like it's from an old manuscript.

Beautifully put together, wonderful balance! Love the blended woman and the history lesson!

This brings back so many memories--it was right here at the brothel that my little point-and-shoot camera broke, so I couldn't record anything. I remember so badly wanting to take a picture of the "instructions" on the wall of one of the rooms. I was surprised to hear about the prostitution, and our guide told us that much of it was "gender-flexible." Your design is wonderfully emotive, with the woman at the forefront. Bravo!

a fabulous design about the very interesting history of pompeii. and the picture of the courtesan is the perfect touch.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
myla
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout