Oscraps

The Boreal Trail
musicmom3

The Boreal Trail

Another page for the Adirondack section of one of my many WIP albums, from our trip last year. We visit the Adirondack Mountains annually and I'm trying to finish up 2023 before the next trip rolls around in 2024. Does anybody else feel like they have too many albums going on?

Every year we hike the Boreal Trail to Barnum Pond in Saranac Lake to visit “our loon.” We usually don't have to sit in the bird blind for more than a few minutes before it appears. This year there were two loons, which made us crazy happy. We do love our loons.

This is a simple template layout with an internet loon (photo courtesy jeremy hynes) superimposed over the pond's observation deck and a lot of botanicals from various APPS.
Credits list
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
YES! But all the projects help keep me focused on the prize, a printed book! Beautiful pics and love the blue stains and the closeup photo of the binocs.

Years ago I decided there would be 1 book, and all projects, all trips, all people, go in the 1 book. Makes it much easier for me :) Love the duck with the red eye, the red button, and seriously, a hot dog stand at the entrance to a trail! ha ha that's smart! So green! I miss green (although headed to Portland next week).

Years ago I decided there would be 1 book, and all projects, all trips, all people, go in the 1 book. Makes it much easier for me :) Love the duck with the red eye, the red button, and seriously, a hot dog stand at the entrance to a trail! ha ha that's smart! So green! I miss green (although headed to Portland next week).
I love that idea and I do have my personal MegaBooks. But I also do gift books--like documenting the annual family vacation, which turns into four copies for a Christmas present for each family, and also individual baby/kid books, and sometimes I start a new book in the same way I cast on a new knitting project even though I have three (or more) WIPs happening. I seem to like starting things :cool: (And that hot dog guy definitely had a great idea--business was nonstop.)

there is something so special in the call of the loon - how lucky to see two - maybe babies in the future
love the photos! awesome project!

great photos and documentation.
i like how you capture the red eyes of the bird with the red button.
I have two unfinished photo books on my to-do list and at the moment I have no desire, energy or ideas to finish them....sigh.
That's why I admire all those who persistently follow up and finish their photo books.

I do only one book most years the rest of my pages will never be printed. But if you get joy from making books then that is what should concern you. Books are a great way to identify places, thing, people and events for family.

Love the focus on the duck decoy in the main photo! I have several projects I still need to finish, got get to them, time is running out! Beautiful nature page.

What terrific documentation of your annual trek. Love that there's 2 loons now. I always get extra excited when I see a new baby in backyard bunny playground aka The Cottontail Lounge.

great photos and documentation.
i like how you capture the red eyes of the bird with the red button.
I have two unfinished photo books on my to-do list and at the moment I have no desire, energy or ideas to finish them....sigh.
That's why I admire all those who persistently follow up and finish their photo books.
I've been relying heaving on the templates, and also every few days I make it a point to work on a page or a spread with my morning coffee. Gives me a sense of forward motion! ;)

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename