Oscraps

Tent Camping ... in his own words
Miki

Tent Camping ... in his own words

My father wasn't one to talk about his childhood, but I did get him to tell a story about how his family started camping in the 30s. This is in his own words ...

Anna Aspnes
FotoInspired Template Pack 2J (page 8) FotoInspired Template Pack 2J
eA Camping 1 eA Camping 1
Artplay Palette Blessings (paper, button, brad, brushes) Artplay Palette Blessings
Artplay Palette Pinery (charm) Artplay Palette Pinery
Artplay Palette Woodland (word transfer) Artplay Palette Woodland
Artsy Kardz Blessings 4x6 Artsy Kardz Blessings 4x6
WaterColor Trees 3 WaterColor Trees 3
Outdoor WordART Mix 2
Artsy Stains 10 [url=https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtsyStains-No.-10.html]Artsy Stains 10

Button Threadz 3 Button Threadz 3

Process
Page 8 of the FotoInspired Template 2J was opened up. A solid paper from APP Blessings was used as the foundation of the page. The photos were clipped to the frame masks. ArtsyKardz Blessings 4x6 cards were clipped to the other frame masks of the template. A WaterColor Tree brush was stamped onto the page. Artsy paper 6 from the kit was clipped to the tree. The paper was duplicated 3 more times with the blending mode changed to linear burn. The papers then were moved around the tree for the best coloring. The tent from eA Camping 1 was added along with the word transfer from APP Woodland. Brushes and stains were layered under the frames. The page was completed with word art and dimensional elements.

Thank you for looking!
How grand to have your fathers words to journal these equally grand, old photos. I believe he said it allno one could ask for a better summer. Ahh, for that simplicity and contentment of life to be with us all.
Thanks for sharing.

This is what scrapping is all about - saving the words from past generations so we know what their life was like - so hard to imagine hitch hiking each weekend or not even being able to drive - I love the old photos and the tent drawing - thanks for sharing!

Your Dads story reminds me of the summers we spent at the lake in my childhood. Such goods times. A beautiful, touching page.

Fantastic! The words make your heritage page so much more special, and you used that tent well.

This couldn't be more perfect. Love that you have this story in your dad's own words. They bring the page to life.

Wow, the pairing of his words and the photos...priceless! Nice to hear such positive memories from the Depression era. Love how you scrapped this, Miki!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout