Oscraps

California Redwoods
B

California Redwoods

Journaling: In the summer of 84 my husband took several weeks off work and we took our used trailer that we had fixed up and took our sweet time down the Oregon Coast and into the California redwoods and had the time of our life. We left all adulting at home and we were like kids, stopping at every kitschy tourist trap along the way, sometimes at the chagrin of our daughter Jackie. Here we are in the redwoods and we posed in front of the giant trees almost everyday. Even the ferns were huge. Feeling like a munchen among these giants, I had a huge respect for them and all they saw in their life times. It was as if they held true wisdom in their souls. I was awestruck by the silence.

FotoInspired Template Pack 2JFotInspiredTemplatePackNo.2J
ArtPlay Palette WellspringArtPlayPaletteWellspring
eA CampingeACampingNo.1
FotoInspired EdgeTemplate No. 3FotoInspiredEdgeTemplatesNo.3
FineEdge Frames No. 2FineEdgeFramesNo.2
TapedTextures No. 2TapedTexturesNo.2
MultiMedia Documents No. 1MultiMediaDocumentsNo.2

Notes: After opening the template and clipping all the photos to their respective masks, solid papers 2 and 3 were blended together underneath the photos. Just above the background is a couple of edge templates recolored. The fine edge frame was added to the black and white photo. A piece of the MM Document is underneath the journaling and the postcard was tucked under the top right photo.

Using the camping brushes, duplicating them and coloring a copy white and moved just a smidgen, then filling parts of them in and using the Blend Ifs on the filling. Art strokes were added over and under the photos and the flower at the top of the page.

A transfer was added to the top left photo and blended with the opacity turned down. The little labels next to the journaling was taped down. I believe that finished the page.
Love that you stopped at all those touristy spots. Those redwoods take your breath away. I am surprised to see Paul Bunyan and Babe so far from Minnesota. I guess a fellow of his size can hike far.

Fabulous page, love the postcard sticking out from under the photo. I think Fotoinspired pages are meant to tell a story and yours does.

Such a wonderful story, and memories! I love how you used the camping tools so creatively. I especially love the bottom left photo around the fire pit. Great times and a beautiful page!

Ksznm, hogy ezt a szp emlket megosztotta velnk, Barbara! Igazn rtkes oldal! |
Thank you for sharing this beautiful memory with us, Barbara! Really valuable page!!

Wonderful memories and trip! That's on our list of things we still need to visit! Love Paul and Babe!

well your kids might not have liked all the tourist traps then but I bet they remember this trip so fondly! The stories must be so fun! love the photos! these fotoInspired templates are perfect! fantastic!

Love what you did with E's sketched log. This is a wonderful compilation of photos from that time.

The signage on the log is perfect! Super collection and arrangement of family memories! Would love to see these giants someday!

What a lovely trip down memory lane. Perfect layout to document your adventure.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout