Oscraps

Spring
B

Spring

Mom giving me a lick of her ice cream cone.

AnnaRelease 14 March 2014AnnaRelease14March2014
ArtPlay Palette Spring DueArtPlayPaletteSpringDue
Flower Overlays No. 2FlowerOverlaysNo.2
MultiMedia Branches No. 3MultiMediaBranchesNo.3
Spring WordART No. 1SpringWordARTNo.1
Additional Supplies:
WarmGlows No. 3WarmGlowsNo.3
TapedTextures No. 1TapedTexturesNo.1
ArtsyStains No. 3ArtsyStainsNo.3
ButtonThreadz No. 2ButtonThreadzNo.2
Splatters No. 1SplattersNo.1
Font: TrashHand and Alternative Gothic
Photo: Mine

Notes: After opening a new 12x12 file in PS, I typed out the word Spring with the Vertical Type Tool and sizing it to fit top to bottom and positioning where I wanted it. I wanted the design of the page to center around it.

With my photo in mind, I chose artsy paper 6 with the flower and brought my photo in and using a reverse mask brought it back out with AnnaBlendz brushes and a Different Stroke brush. I duplicated the photo and the blend modes are Normal first layer and Overlay on the duplicate layer. Then bringing in a a warm glow over the photo and blending to Overlay. This blended these layers into the flower on the background paper.

I clipped pattern paper 1 to the word spring and gave the type layer a bevel and emboss with a drop shadow. Over these layers I clipped a couple of transfers to the word. I clipped the flower transfer to the r to make it look like the flower from the background spilled over onto the letter. With a layer mask, I brushed what I did want spilling over onto other letters. An artsy stain in yellow was stamped over the top letter as well as splatters in black. A taped texture was added over the bottom right of the photo and the tape from the kit was placed over the letter i. I dodge and burned the tape to make it appear adhered to the letter.

Underneath the letters I placed parts of the MM Branches 3 next to the photo and tucked in the stamp and placed the word art, recoloring it from the photo. Below the stamp I placed another transfer much reduced in size at the bottom left corner.

In the layers panel just above the background paper, I placed a flower overlay and recolored it a green from the palette and blended to Multiply. Underneath this layer I brought in pattern paper 2 and with a reverse mask, brushed back in a tiny edge on the right side of the page where the lace is located in the overlay. The button and thread were added to create a small cluster. I think thats just about it for this layout of my Mom and me on a motorcycle trip with Dad.
What a precious photo to have! Beautiful beautiful page. I love your creative processes you share! Thank you!

This is fabulous. Amazing how much stuff we lived through that we'd never be allowed to do today. The photo is wonderful and I love the colors along with the great way you worked in the title.

Love the title work and wonderful photo of you and your mother! Gorgeous blending and color palette!

what a sweet memory to scrap! I think most mom's have shared their ice with their kids! love the title! gorgeous!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout