Oscraps

Spring Time_Jouer_Joan Robillard 600.jpg
Joansmor

Spring Time_Jouer_Joan Robillard 600.jpg

Inspiration – My desire to try something new.

Start -New File – File>New 12x12 300

Artsy Kardz- I took all the Artsy cards (jpeg versions) and placed over the background. I then combined all layers by selecting all the Artsy Kardz layers and then hitting Ctrl-Alt-Shift-E to make a composite layer. I then turned over the Artsy Kards layers. The composite layer was set to an opacity of 50%.

Paper – Solid Paper 4 was placed above the composite layer with a saturation mode set to Saturation and opacity of 58%

Photos – The photo of the flowering branch with a added above the paper and set to a blend mode of Darker Color. I extracted the gold finch and butterfly using the object selection tool. I recolored the butterfly with Ctrl U.

Transfer- The doily was put below the branch.

Brushes – Used Paper Transfer 15.3 and 15.6 to frame the branch.

Title – Typed spring and used the wood word Time for the title.

Elements – Placed the White Flower from APP Anaphora which I duplicated and the Pink ribbon from Oscraps Falling From you. Later I decided to recolor the ribbon to yellow using Ctrl U. This gave me three yellow items to form a visual triangle.
Look at that beautiful branch! Very nice extractions. I would never have thought to put all the cards together, how clever! It certainly makes for an interesting and unusual background!

Love how the branch draws the eye across the page to the extracted finch. You really created a beautiful background with the Artsy Kardz. I always have a hard time using those.

This is beautiful, Joan! Love the background, how the branch pops, and great bits of yellow! so fresh!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Joansmor
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename