Oscraps

Shine Your Light
B

Shine Your Light

Autumn took this beautiful photo of her friend Skylar for her photography class and both Autumn and Skylar kindly gave me permission to use it in a layout. I loved the soft, ethereal light in this photo and didnt do any post photo processing in PS except to duplicate it a couple of times and use a blend mode.

ArtPlay Palette Meadow - Coming June 9 to Annas store
ArtsyPaint No. 9ArtsyPaintNo.9
AnnaBlendz Artsy No. 8AnnaBlendzArtsyNo.8
MiniDots No. 1MiniDotsNo.1
DifferentStrokes No. 11DifferentStrokesNo.11
Shine WordART Mix No. 1ShineWordARTMixNo.1
UrbanStitchez Leaves No. 1UrbanStitchezLeavesNo.1
Bokeh No. 2bokehNo.2
Photo: Autumn Reed

Process Notes: Starting with solid paper 2 as my foundation, I brought in the photo and with a reverse layer mask and using the AnnaBlendz brush, I brought the photo back out. Because the photo is incredibly soft, I duplicated it a couple of times and used Color Burn blend mode on both copies, otherwise the supplies would take all the attention and thats not what its all about. To extend the photo a little bit, I used the artsy paint brushes and taking a color from the photo, I stamped those below the photo.

Using solid papers 4 and 5 over the background paper and using a reverse layer mask on each and AnnaBlendz brush, I brought back the papers around the edges of the page to give a mottled look to the background.

Using transfer 8 and a reverse layer mask and again a AnnaBlendz brush, I brought it back out, creating a crown on her head. Over it I placed the banner and grunge it up with brushes and blending to Linear Burn to bring out the contours of the banner. Over that I placed the flowers and tucked in the leaves and button.

Transfer 3 was placed behind and below in the layers panel of the photo and resized. I brought in more transfers/overlays, positioning those on the left and right edges creating a linear design. On the right edge I used brushes and colors from the palette and blended to Linear Burn, to again pick up on the contours of the transfer. Over it I placed the stitches, leaves, flower and bumble bee.

To finish the page I added the title, mini dots, word art and the bokeh.
I love your page so much!
Standing O...
https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/showthread.php?p=551466&posted=1#post551466

Your granddaughter captured a beautiful photo. Love how the red lips are the focus of the page! Congratulations on the Standing O!

This has such a "Medieval Maiden" feel. Very cool garland in the subject's hair.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout