Only Taking the Dog
musicmom3

Only Taking the Dog

NEW Meadow Release, including
Meadow Artplay Palette
MultiLayerFotoBlendz No. 8
MultiMedia Flowers No. 4
Summer WordArt Mix No. 1

A composition about dreams, based on lyrics from a song written by my daughter and her partner for their band. Though they love Brooklyn, one of these days they hope to leave the hustle-bustle and settle down in the Hudson Valley in a house with sunny windowsills for their cats and some land for their dog.

Notes in Photoshop Elements 14
Onto a base of three Artsy Papers (#2, 3, 4) layered together on various blend modes, I blended my three snapshots together: one of rocking chairs, one of a truck, and one of my daughter on a swing. I blended in the large photo and rocking chairs with the FotoBlendz and used a layer mask extraction for the van. Some of the photos I duplicated so that I could use different blending modes on them for different effects. I used almost all of the transfers and overlays in the Artplay Palette to supplement the landscape that I had created with the Artsy Papers, dragging them into random places on the layer stack so there was lots of overlap and transparency. I did the title next, which is enhanced by glows and bevels, then, finally added the little piece of word art and the embellishments, including a magic wand bouquet composed of the MultiMedia Flowers....to make dreams come true.
Gorgeous blending and composition! Love the rocking chairs and swing!

Yup, I can see the story of leaving the big city behind and moving to the valley. Your collages are so AWESOME! I love looking at all the bits and pieces. Wonderful photo of your daughter in the swing and how everything else just works so beautifully together. You're a wonderful storyteller.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout