Oscraps

Seven Words
hoodsmom

Seven Words

Journaling: In 2010, surrounded by gyotaku experts, I could not bring myself to print my fish on good paper because I thought I'd ruin the paper. In 2013 I knew that had been a mistake. And my new classmates, who had fewer preconceptions about what an ideal print looked like, were making great art from boo-boos. It also helped that I wasn't out for a perfect print, just ones good enough to photoshop into a brush. Ironically, half of the prints I used making my first two brushes were on newsprint.

Credits:
OScraps Homespun Collab, Anna Aspnes

If you want to know more about gyotaku, visit
Heather Fortner's site (it's seeing work like hers that made me afraid to print mine on good paper):
heatherfortner.com/a-step-by-step-guide/
This is interesting. I had to look up gyotaku =) I did not know about this tradition. Nice layout.

I will have to look up gyotaku because you definitely have me intrigued now :) Beautiful page!

this is wonderful! love your fish and how this page looks ... and that you found seven perfect words for your page.

What a unique page for this challenge, so wonderfully done!! Just beautiful!! Thanks for joining us for this challenge!!

Layout information

Category
Special O-vents
Added by
hoodsmom
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout