Oscraps

serenity unwrapped
svanderhaegen

serenity unwrapped

JOURNALING (translated with deepl)
December is a month full of coziness, lights and festivities. However, it is difficult to feel the joy of the season without also experiencing the burden of the social pressures of Christmas. There always seems to be so much "should": party invitations, planned dinners, gift hunting and even the unspoken expectation to show up in new, festive clothes. It all feels a bit overwhelming at times.

The pressures of Christmas come in different forms. There are invitations to parties I can't miss, but know I can't handle them all. There is the expectation of a feast that must be not only tasty, but Instagram-worthy. And let's not forget the endless search for the perfect gift, at the risk of losing sight of the true meaning of the holidays.

But what if I let go of this burden? What if I chose to find the joy of Christmas in the simple moments, away from the social pressures? An intimate evening at home with just my own family, enjoying a tasteful but not overly festive meal. No presents, just the precious gift of each other's presence.

It seems like sometimes we forget what Christmas is really about. It's not about the size of the decorated tree, the extravagance of the banquet or the price of the gifts under the tree. It's all about the warmth, love and connection we share with the people we care about. I don't think it is selfish to choose a quieter experience; rather, it is a conscious choice to focus on what really matters.
Credits list
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Joyful Heart Designs
  2. Lynn Grieveson
This is great, great to read a layout in my own language!
But this layout looks simply amazing!
You are right: It's all about the warmth, love and connection we share with the people we care about.

You had me at the title! Your journalling is so very to the point as well. My husband finds Christmas a chore for reasons relating to his childhood and it is a fine line between the festivities and the difficulties. You have found the words to express this feeling so well!

a very impressive layout, you wrote it sensitively and wonderfully and designed the book so appropriately and beautifully.
Thanks for your thoughts!

Layout information

Category
Joyful Heart Designs
Added by
svanderhaegen
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata