Oscraps

Secret Wish of my Heart
wombat146

Secret Wish of my Heart

An LO for the Sue Cummings CT July challenge.
Journaling reads:
I read those words in a book once. It made me think about what I truly wanted, my own hearts wish. Not for anyone else, simply for me. My answer came quickly enough. For as long as I can remember I have always wanted to live in a castle, not just to visit, but to LIVE in one.
I just want to sit in room and feel the magic of forgotton years surround me. I have pictured it so many times in my head;
sitting on a chair by the window, an open book on my lap, soft sunlight filling the room around me. Dust particles float on the air as I listen to the soft buzzing sound of bees outside, dreaming of a life from yesteryear. I rest my head against the cool stone wall, wondering whether anothers cheek had rested here sometime before, all those endless years ago. I close my eyes and feel the gentle vibration of the sea below as it crashes into the castles foundations. Lifting my head I turn to listen, a tune half remembered drifts fitfully on the breeze, too brief, too indistinct to name.
Yes, my yearnings are deep. I often wonder if I am actually remembering a past life, somewhere in Scotland or Ireland, in a time long ago. Even as a child I would imagine these things, and well remember wanting to read all I could about kings and queens, castles and more. As an adult I am still reading the same things and have countless books in my libary of the histories of the Celts of Scotland and Ireland, along with many celtic based fantasies. Listening to Enya, Clannand or Loreena McKennitt transports me to another world in another time.
Fanciful thinking? Perhaps it is, but for me it is a yearning that lays hidden in my heart, my very own secret wish of my heart. Thanks for looking :) - Ona
Credits:
Background paper from 52_Inspirations Week 25 Enchanting series by Sue Cummings (Oscraps)
Background pictures scanned from MYSTICAL BRITAIN & IRELAND by Richard Jones, photography by John Mason
Font: Title/ Iron League; text/Candara. both downloaded from the internet
Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0
wow wow wow ONA!!!!!!!!

Okay...I would say "not talking to you" (hehehe) but how can I not. Firstly this LO looks extraordinary and secondly, being the history teacher/buff I am I am sitting right beside you in that castle.

Wonderful job my friend.

wow, what a fab LO Ona... Love all the looks of it, the journaling and the feeling which drive me straight by your side in the castle.
Fab LO, really

Great page Ona ... your writing is beautiful! I've said it before, but I know I take for granted how much history / heritage there is all around me here! In terms of castles, Alnwick castle in Northumberland is my favourite ... I was very lucky to go to boarding school and the castle was literally at the end of my street! Shame I don't really have any photos showing it, but LOTS of films have used Alnwick castle as a backdrop, including some of the Harry Potter movies!!! How cool it that?

I love this page Ona!!! Wonderful journaling - so captivating & profound!
Love the pict of the castle and the blending - like in a daydream....
...now I know why you like those Diana Gabaldon books sooooo much!!! ;)

wow, ona, you are secretly a sentimental soul... i can totally relate! such a wonderful page!

This is fabulous Ona - so cool to get to know another part of you. My heart is in Ireland - can't wait to actually go there....and I'd take a castle or two during the trip!

YOU should definitely fulfill your dream.
I love your journaling.
And about fulfilling your dream...
to sit in the castle window...
I had a dream to live in Nantucket and I just fulfilled it by renting a house for a week and living there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was the best!!!!!!
The best part of dreaming is that you CAN make it come true!
GO FOR IT!

Layout information

Category
Sue Cummings
Added by
wombat146
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout