Oscraps

safran_1
martine29

safran_1

A saffron farm a few km from us.

The bulbs are planted in August; In October the flowers are picked by hand, and the red pistils delicately cut.
It takes around 150 to 200 flowers to get 1 gram of saffron, which makes saffron the most expensive spice in the world.
I had no idea saffron came from such a beautiful flower! This is such a lovely page and I love your photos and colors.

This is wonderful! Love the photos, the story, great use of the Stitched Template! Love the saffron sprinkles off to the right side.

Interesting information! Love the purple flowers and red saffron. This is a spice I never used, guess because it's so expensive.

So beautiful and so fun that you are able to visit this farm.Thanks for the story.. Love this vibrant layout.

Gorgeous photos and page. Love the mix of purples and reds. Your weather must be fabulous for these flowers to thrive. We have a dry climate and snow tomorrow to help slow down the fires.

Trs belle page Martine sur une pice que j'utilise beaucoup, je viens l'instant de m'en servir pour faire une zarzuella, on commence en cultiver ici galement, a demande beaucoup de main d'oeuvre et de dlicatesse, belles photos.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
martine29
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout