Oscraps

Postcard Pictures
Miki

Postcard Pictures

I was given a box of postcards that my great aunt had collected over the years. Most of them were written in German, which I cant read. Many of them dated back to WWI and were of her hometown or war related images of soldiers. As I went through them I found a treasure, a postcard with a picture of my great grandparents on them. And to think I almost threw the box out! This page consists of three different postcards found in the box.

Anna Aspnes
Artplay Palette Antiquity (paper, buttons, label word, frame, transfer, foliage) (on sale August 5 for 1 week) Artplay Palette Antiquity
Artsy Transfers Antiquity (paint layers, stains) (on sale August 5 for 1 week) Artsy Transfers Antiquity
ArchiTexture 6 (on sale August 5 for 1 week) ArchiTexture 6
Urban Threadz 11 (on sale August 5 for 1 week) Urban Threadz 11
Antiquity WordART Mix 1 (on sale August 5 for 1 week) Antiquity WordART Mix 1

Artplay Palette Coastline (tree) Artplay Palette Coastline
Artplay Palette Tangier (button, paper) Artplay Palette Tangier
Artplay Palette Across the Miles (splatters) Artplay Palette Across the Miles
Artplay Palette Autumn Romance (postcard word art) Artplay Palette Autumn Romance
MultiMedia Documents 3 (flower, staples) MultiMedia Documents 3
Postage Overlays 1 Postage Overlays 1
FotoBlendz Overlays 11 FotoBlendz Overlays 11[/url
Postmarked 1 [url=https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Postmarked-No.-1.html]Postmarked 1

Process
A solid paper from APP Antiquity was used as the foundation of the page. An Architexture brush was stamped onto the page. Artsy paper 2 from the kit was clipped to the brush. The paper was duplicated 2 more times with the blending mode changed to linear burn. A solid paper from APP Tangier was added with the blending mode changed to color burn to add some color. Several paint and stain layers from AT Antiquity were layered behind the brush. The image of the black and white post card was clipped to a Fotoblendz Overlay 11 mask and resized to continue the concept of buildings across the page. The image of the dancers were extracted from the postcard and a custom shadow was added. The postcard of my great grandparents was resized and clipped to the frame mask of the slide. The page was completed by adding splatters, word art and dimensional embellishments.

Thank you for looking!
oh this is wonderful! great story, love the page effects, the little embellishments, that great German village background!

Love this very much Miki, how great you have these postcards, it's so lovely, I agree with Diane the German village background is great, so sorry you can't read German, if you lived around the corner I could translate it, along with that cup of tea with a very big cake!

une trs jolie histoire Miki parfaitement mise en page, c'est fabuleux d'avoir retrouv une photo de vos arrire gd Parents, heureusement que vous n'avez pa jet cette boite de cartes postales.

what luck to have found this treasure! the recomposition of this postcard is perfect! the addition of small characters to a great evocative power of the country of origin!

What a treasure of a photo! Love your layout, Miki, reminds me of the fall Oktoberfest, such a happy scene!

So very charming! And what a find! I love vintage ephemera. I have a small collection of postcards, maybe around 100. And Austin has a very vibrant and busy vintage postcard group they have a huge convention once a year. Who knew?

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout