Oscraps

Pier 90
musicmom3

Pier 90

Salute release **new** https://www.oscraps.com/shop/AnnaRelease-10-July-2020.html

Photoshop Elements 14

This layout documents when the USNS Comfort docked at Pier 90 in New York City to help us with coronavirus when we were the epicenter of the pandemic. But the problem was...the government hadn't authorized the ship to take Covid patients. So it was of little use. It was quite a visual having that beautiful ship steam into port, but its arrival was mostly just another photo opportunity.

I used the template included in the release to jump-start my layout because I don't have the patience these days to fiddle. I clipped the photo and duplicates of it to all the frames, then clipped more duplicates of the same photo to the thin masks as well as to some transfers/overlays in the Artplay Palette. I wanted the ship fragmented because fragmentation was the name of the game when the Comfort came to town.
Fabulous blending of iconic images with your photos. Love how the color meld across the design too.

The name of the game is to try to look helpful but make sure you're not! I'm having feelings about what's going on that I never imagined I would have. Maybe I'm not as nice of a person as I thought. LOL

This is a very outstanding documentation of a sad story. I love everything on this page.

Love the documentation, blending and duplication. You are able to merge words and emotions together effortlessly! I started a page similar to this, you've inspired me to finish it.

Truly distressing times. I saw images of the ship arriving and it was quite a sight. Excellent documentation. I hope you enjoy your visit tomorrow.

gorgeous photo treatement, blending and design.
also love the story behind. artsy documentation of a strange and questionable (PR) action.

Congrats, your page has been featured on the Gallery Standouts Blog http://gallerystandouts.com/fingerpointing/2020/finger-pointing-july-12th-3/

What a compelling layout...the image of the ship paired with the unexpected journaling is perfect. Congrats on your GSO!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout