Oscraps

Pencil
musicmom3

Pencil

I never used to like cats. And then...Pencil. Pencil, formerly known as "the cat," was "rescued" by a Manhattan socialite who my daughter worked for as a personal assistant, whose idea of "rescuing" was to throw the cat in the guest bathroom and keep her there at all times. Which broke my daughter's heart. When my daughter left for another job, she asked to take "the cat," who she had renamed "Pencil" because of her sleek silhouette and lead-gray color. I've always wondered what would have happened if the society woman had said "no" to my daughter's "request."
Anyway...although the background here seems neutral, it's actually made from two artsy papers: no. 2 over no. 4 on color-dodge blend mode, to wash out most (but not all) of the color and detail. This left me enough of a canvas to allow the addition of paper textures and brushwork from the Artplay Palette. I used the multi-layered Fotoblendz in the release to shape the photo and a third Artsy Paper—no. 3—on color burn mode placed over the photo to give some additional highlights. I'm a maximalist by nature and so it was really hard not to fill up the remaining white space with additional brushwork and textures, especially since the collection comes with some luscious Artsy Transfers.
Credits list
Coolth Classic Release—on sale for $16 for one week only starting today, January 26 https://www.oscraps.com/shop/AnnaRelease-11-January-2019.html
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: cyanne22 and ksacry
Pencil looks like an aristocat LOL Glad he found a good home. Love the masking. The blue foliage is exactly right.

Adorable! Pencil looks so sweet. Your page is so rich with color and texture. Loved spotting your little gnomes keeping Pencil company. Beautiful!

This story is both beautiful and terrifying.
This cat is very beautiful and looks well fed ;-)
I love the vivid color and the masking

So beautiful! I love Pencil...I love cats. I'm really happy to know Pencil is now living with your daughter in a cat friendly home. Love the framing you've created and wonderful interplay of colors.

Wonderful story and page. Love your gnomes and the color and shapes that the branch adds.

Great story. Love your bg--the cozy kitchen vibe and the contented cat who has found a wonderful home.

Pencil is fabulous & I love that she's looking up at the blue leaves! She's a lucky cat!!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename