Oscraps

Otero-Warren & Paul.jpg
Journaling reads:
One could be forgiven for thinking Nina Otero and Alice Paul were sisters. They were in a way - sisters of the heart.
Alice Paul began her campaign for woman’s suffrage about 50 years after the 1848 National Woman’s Rights convention in Seneca Falls, New York. First with the National American Woman Suffrage Association (NAWFA), her aggressive style proved too much, so she founded the Congressional Union for Woman Suffrage, which became the National Woman’s Party (NWP) in 1916.
Alice asked Nina to be the state leader of the NWP in New Mexico to which Nina replied, "I will keep out of the local fuss...but will take a stand and a firm one whenever necessary for I am with you now and always." And she did until her death in 1965.
Alice worked tirelessly until her death in 1977 to bring the Quaker ideal of equality of the sexes to fruition. While her cherished 19th amendment was ratified, the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) which took from 1923-1972 for congressional approval but was not ratified by the extended deadline. Today, the House approved an indefinite extension in 2021, but has yet to pass in the Senate.

This LO really was easy! Start by filling in the various pockets with papers, overlays. Then I blended the solid blue paper #11 over all of that in Hard Light mode, added the photos, elements, journaling, and title
Credits list
Beautiful Autumn Collection by Palvinka
Mess the Pocket Templates #11 by Lilach Oren
Fonts: Title – Casking Cream Sans, John Lenon, subtitles – Albertsthal Typewriter, journaling – John Lennon
Photos are in the public domain
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Palvinka
There are no comments to display.

Layout information

Category
Oscraps Cheery O's
Added by
Susan - s3js
Date added
View count
Comment count