Oscraps

October AJ Week 4
This page has been an evolution and has gone through many changes. We have had a pretty rough few weeks with my husband being rushed to the hospital, having emergency surgery and now in a rehabilitation facility. This week's challenge made me think about our "blessings", which led me to introspection, and finally to my fallbacks country music. I used to laugh at country music - I thought it was so co-dependent. Well, it might be, but I've grown to love the "roots" of country music and how you can always find what you're struggling with in that genre. There are several versions of this song "Things I Take For Granted", I ended up choosing the version by The Virginia Gentleman.

I love the lyrics and it drove home the fact that no matter what we're going through, there's always things to be grateful for and I love the idea of the "things we take for granted". Here are the main lyrics:

"I Will Not Take These Things For Granted"

One part of me just wants to tell you everything
One part just needs the quiet
And if I'm lonely here, I'm lonely here
And on the telephone
You offer reassurance
I will not take these things for granted
How can I hold the part of me that only you can carry
It needs a strength I haven't found
But if it's frightening, I'll bear the cold
And on the telephone
You offer warm asylum
I'm listening
Flowers in the garden
Laughter in the hall
Children in the park
Anymore
~The Virginia Gentleman
Credits list
Good Memories by et designs: https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Good-Memories-Bundle-by-et-designs.html
Font: Senopathi Free Personal Use Regular.
Designer(s) Used:
  1. et designs
This is so beautiful - just like you are, my friend!!! I love the hope the flowers you posted all around bri g to the page! Have to look up that song!

This is so beautiful - just like you are, my friend!!! I love the hope the flowers you posted all around bri g to the page! Have to look up that song!
Thanks for your sweet words, Susie. Thanks for always being there for me during this difficult time. :hug4::loveangel:

Layout information

Category
Art Journal
Added by
Cherylndesigns
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename