Oscraps

Ninja Voting Selfie
zlemon

Ninja Voting Selfie

Okay, I suck at selfies. (I need my niece to give me a lesson.) But I wanted to record my vote for this historic election. My city, Austin, had 97% of eligible voters registered. I've been in hibernation, but had to go out to vote. Texas has a long history of voter suppression. And I couldn't trust a mail-in ballot, because Texas easily invalidates ballots that do not have "matching" signatures on the envelope and ballot. My signatures never match. Luckily, voting was quite safe, plexiglass everywhere and finger condoms available. But as you can tell, I can't take a good seflie. In the best one, I look like a ninja with my black mask and down vest with a collar. It was cold yesterday, so I had to dress warmly. The others were...meh, at best.

Used one of Anna's templates. And I filled in the background with tweets about Texas turning blue and voter suppression.

Thanks for looking.
Yay! Talked to my son yesterday, he's very hopeful that Texas sees blue all the way! Love your Ninja selfie and all of the "tweets"! Great page! Fingers crossed!

This is brilliant, Christy!! Oregon has also seen record registrations and returns (we're luckily already blue - fingers crossed for Texas!!) I think your selfies are great and love the way you are surrounded by tweets! I actually feel encouraged by your page ;-)

Christy, what an unique, very creative page, love your Ninja selfies very much and all the text/tweets you've added in black and red, If I could vote I vote the same like you. I hope that your dream and the dream of so many more people over the whole world come true, when the election turns blue I made a great happy dance for sure love you too!!

I share your unease with taking selfies-I need lessons too. Your pics are wonderful as is your page. It is fabulous news that people are using their privilege of being able to vote. Best wishes from Canada for a blue outcome!

My heart jumps for joy seeing this, and then I go back to being so nervous. I sure hope you're right. I sent you guys ads from four different PACs. :)

Hey, I love those selfies! The Ninja reference is timely, and being surrounded by tweets suggests the overload that we all are experiencing right about now. I worry about the courts (as in Bush vs. Gore) but am hoping for a Blue Landslide. We drove our ballots over to the Board of Election secure drop box weeks ago but we don't have the signature issue here in NY. The lines for early voting here have been running 3-4 hours. Great work and important documentation!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
zlemon
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout