Oscraps

NICU
Dumpty

NICU

Paper by Danielle Young "every day blessings" page kit
Template by Amanda Taylor, Taylormade designs.

journaling (sorry too lazy to translate myself, I just put it in babelfish, I suppose there must be some terrible mistakes ...) :
Cdric, when you were born Monday July 5, 2004 (by c-section like your two sisters before you), all seemed to go well at the beginning. And then when they brought you you in recovery room, you moaned unceasingly. Not normal tears of infant but a ceaseless moaning. And then especially you refused to eat. After multiple tests, and the passage of many doctors and nurses, it was decided to take you from me to take you along in the service of newborn pediatry in order to take seriously care of you. You were not two hours old ... and as I had undergone myself a surgery, I could not leave my bed, and even less accompany you in this service. At this moment, as you were a beautiful baby of 3kg490 for 50cm in great shape appart from that, everyone seemed rather confident and thought of returning to you to your dad and me after a few hours. Something you obviously kept you from breathing normally which explained why you did not want to eat, they just needed to find what it was. Yet, what a terrible tearing for a mom to be separated from her little baby, without knowing what he has nor being able to help him. I was led in the room which I shared with another mom from which the son had been born by c-section the same morning. he was well and fed voraciously... and then the visits started: my parents, your future godmother, your sisters... it was necessary to explain to each one why you were not there with me. Later, the pediatrist came to explain me where they were with you: you had a pneumothorax which they were going to try to treat on the spot, they had placed you under an oxygen flow to help you a little. The following day, the simple treatments having failed, it was necessary to pose a drain to reabsorb your pneumothorax and consequently intubate you and make you breath with a machine. Unfortunately the hospital was not equipped to follow you under these conditions: you had to be transferred in another establishment having a newborn intensive care unit, in another city. I went to see you in a wheelchair and attended your installation in the incubator for your transfer in the ambulance. I had the feeling to live a nightmare. Your dad went going to see you and gave me news. On my side I put myself at the electric breast-pump to be able to nurse you as soon as you would be ready, and I rose and then I walked as soon as possible to be able to go to see you. Thursday, I still had my staples, but I could leave the hospital and visit you, touch you, carress you, kiss you. During ten days still we were to see you everyday your dad and me, hung on the lips of the doctors who explained us your progress, of your troubles... I brought the milk to you which I had drawn for you. When they extubated you, we were so happy but also anxious: you were very irritated because of the intubation and you fought hard to breathe. Then you had t feed on your own, more by cramming, I could nurse you... Saturday 17, finally, we were allowed to take you home. The nightmare was finished, we were finally together, all five of us! And yet, what you had was not so serious. How do parents whose children have something worse do ?
Stunningly heartfelt journaling. How scary for you!
And it looks from your pictures Cedric is 110% all boy and full of energy today!

N
WOWW!! you told this story so vividly and with such great detail! done perfectly! not knowing how the story would end, i was on the edge of my seat prepared to burst into tears or breath a HUGE sigh of relief!! i'm sooooooooooo glad i could breath that sigh of relief and almost started crying anyway!!!! what a blessing! THANK you for sharing this!

Dumpty, wow! You did an incredible job on journaling. I'm so glad that you did this challenge and shared this with us. I, like Amanda, kept trying to think through your gallery while I read the story...had I seen recent pictures of Cedric? I was so glad to read your ending. Amazing!

Awesome job on the journalling. I love when people tell stories using their words....must be the writer in me...
Great job.

T
Incredible journaling and love the colors you used here

Wonderful journaling and I am so glad that the little guy is alright!! He is beautiful!

Trs touchant ce rcit.
This is something you had to write for your child and for yourself. Thank you for sharing with us this stressful time of your life.

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Dumpty
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout