Oscraps

Messy Day left page
Applechick

Messy Day left page

Quickly nabbed the spot in Anna's gallery so you can see left and right pages together!

I used AP Gallivant for this as a companion page to 'Mess' page. Again I started with cardstock and then layered transfers on top; to further break up the page I included an extra paper texture to frame the swimmers. They were clipped to a fotoblendz and the legs of the swimmer on the left extracted by masking. I used my usual technique of duplicating and either using overlay, hard light, soft light etc after altering saturation and a bit of 'curves' for depth. I ended up flattening these layers which was a mistake
(scrapping when tired) so when I added a blue transfer on overlay mode I had to just erase the bit on top of the swimmers; pretty unsophisticated but it worked! Added a vintage map of the area (darker colour mode) and again erased so it would follow the tear in the paper.
To be honest I don't think the two photographs work as well as they should do - that rule of three isn't happening here, so I will look again at the composition before it goes in the book.
Your heritage pages are amazing! Makes me want to go back and redo all of mine. Wonderful textures and blending.

Wow what a photo treasure! Love how you've colorized and I always love the inclusion of a map. Great containment with the textures.

Well, even though you feel like you made a mistake with flattening your layers of the photo, I think your page looks fantastic! What wonderful images to have!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Applechick
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename