Oscraps

Maxwell's Trauma
B

Maxwell's Trauma

Journaling: The new neighbors black cat had visited a couple of times while Maxwell was out on the patio. I watched them to see what would happen, but even though they didnt get too close, just sizing each other up, there wasnt a problem. The black cat seemed docile and Maxwell curious, but making no quick moves toward it. The next time the black cat came to visit, it moved a lot more around the patio, coming closer to Maxwell and still nothing seemed amiss. It wasnt as nervous around me and I stepped away for a moment and all hell broke out. The yowling and hissing brought me running, but it was too late. The black cat had disappeared and Maxwell had run into the house still with back up and hissing. He wouldnt let me near him to check for damage. After a couple of days I saw that there was indeed damage and made me believe it was a sneak attack judging from where the damage was located on Maxwell. At first I didnt think a vet was necessary until two weeks later, I saw the hole in his back through his thick long fur. I should have known better and feel so guilty now. I called the vet and got in right away after relating the injury from a cat fight. They operated the same day, cutting away the dead skin and suturing and placing a drain tube. Hes full of antibiotics and painkillers which dilated his eyes and very dopey when I brought him home. It took a couple of days for Maxwell to regain some of his playful, talkative self again and needing a lot of affection, which I am more than happy to give him. Now we are waiting to have the tube out and later the stitches. I love animals but the black cat needs to be cautious around here, Big Momma is on guard.

WaterColor Template Album No. 6WaterColorTemplateAlbumNo.6
ArtPlay Palette Crazy LifeArtPlayPaletteCrazyLife
Splatters No. 2SplattersNo.2
Stars No. 1StarsNo.1
Photos: Mine + Pinterest
Fonts: Bebas Neue and Becky

Notes: Choosing a page from the WaterColor Template Album, I clipped the main photo to the large mask and duplicated the photo with a Screen blend mode. I clipped copies of the photo to the stains surrounding the main mask. Then of course, clipping the rest of the photos to the framed masks. Choosing Crazy Life as the APP, I used Artsy paper 3 from the kit. i placed the edge paper and 12 x12 overlay just above it.

The black cat was added next to the journaling and blended to Color Burn, I duplicated the cat, recolored and resized it and that also has a Color Burn blend mode.

Adding journaling and title along with some word art above the black and white photo. I duplicated the word art and title, recoloring and offsetting a little. And I sprinkled some journaling throughout the top half of the page. The splatters are on the right edge of the page along with a brush from the kit and the heart transfer in which I journaled. I added the stars above Maxwells head, because that was what he was basically seeing at this point. Then adding the dimensional elements finished the page.

The neighbors black cat is no longer welcome here.
No doubt which with your good care and those of the veterinarian he is very fast going to cure! Very attractive page and very beautiful cat!

So glad Maxwell is on the mend. Awesome page. Love the stars and the blended black cat and the blend mode you chose.

Hope Maxwell is feeling better! We have several feral cats around here ... never know what's going to happen. Wonderful journaling and love all the photos of Maxwell!

Awwwww, poor Maxwell and you! Absolutely adore everything, except the sad reason for your art.

Love this. I want to reach my hand right through the computer screen and cuddle poor, dopey Maxwell--look at those eyes! (Great choice of song lyric for the little heart.)

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout