Oscraps

Maxwell LN
B

Maxwell LN

Autumn and Sophia saw the road sign with my kittys name while running early one morning and took the photo for me. Ive wanted to use it in a layout for a long time. I extracted the sign from the background, which was easy because the sky was washed out, then turned it black and white because the colors were so glaringly wrong for the page. Maxwell is a year old now and gives me such joy every day of the week, even though at times he can be very demanding of my time. He doesnt like it much when Im at the computer creating layouts. Hell only tolerate that for a certain amount of time and then he wants my attention. Its okay with me.

Cats No. 2CatsNo.2
Crowns No. 2CrownsNo.2
Cats WordART No. 2CatWordARTNo.2
ArtPlay Palette HackneyedArtPlayPaletteHackneyed
ArtPlay Palette Skys The Limit (Butterfly)ArtPlayPaletteSky'sTheLimit
Photos: Mine + Autumn Reed (Road Sign)
Font: Toms Handwritten New

Process Notes: With the rectangle shape tool, I drew out 5 different sizes and placed them approximately where I thought I wanted them and clipped the photos to them. Using solid paper 4 from Hackneyed as my background, I repositioned the photos to their final resting place and blended each of the rectangles which gave the photos a different look. The bottom photo of Maxwell sleeping was made into black and white because I found the color of the chair disturbing to the overall look of the page. The Fill Opacity was turned down slightly on a couple of the photos.

Bringing in the road sign after I extracted it and made it black and white, I blended it to Linear Light and placed a crown above it.

After loading the cat brushes, I stamped those out using a color from his fur and positioning them below the photos in the layers panel. I blended those to Color Burn.

The word art, recolored and blended to Overlay was added as well as the art stroke. The butterfly on his nose was recolored to match his eye, using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer. After typing out the words along the edges of the photos, I called it done.
FABO collage...love all the different photo treatments of Awesome Maxwell. Wonderful street sign. >^..^

Love how you scrapped the sign with your kitty photos! That butterfly sitting on his nose is so cute.

This has so much perfection Barabara- I love the vellum look to the photos and how you overlapped them. Gorgeous crops and blending. Also so happy that you got to use your street sign! Standing O! https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/showthread.php?p=555911#post555911

curious, hunter, companion and now, the love of your being. It's a wonderful place to be ps: the green butterfly next to that beautiful eye -- perfect

This is so very creative Barbara, so great what you've done with the photos, time flies because your kitty is one year, congrats, what a beautiful sweetie. Your page is awesome!!

Great design with the simple overlapping photos!! Glad Maxwell has his own "street", perfect analogy for him!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout