Oscraps

Mary Anning
profolly

Mary Anning

Mary Anning (1799-1847) was a British paleontologist and fossil collector, known for her important contributions to the field of geology and the discovery of several significant fossils. She was born in Lyme Regis, Dorset, England, and grew up in a family of fossil collectors.

Despite her significant contributions to the field, Anning faced many obstacles due to her gender and social status. She was often excluded from scientific societies and denied access to academic resources. Nevertheless, she continued to work tirelessly, supporting herself and her family through her fossil collecting.

Today, Mary Anning is recognised as a pioneering figure in the history of palaeontology and an inspiration to many women in science. Lyme Regis, Dorset

Supplies

Arttplay Mini Palette Stravage ** Free with $20 purchase from aA Designs- offer valid 6-8 May 2023**

Homemade WordART Clusters No 1** On Sale**

Process

Firstly I extracted the figure from it’s background.

Using an Artsy paper as my base I added my beach photograph and using an inverted mask brushed back in the parts of the photo I wanted.

The figure was then placed on the the beach image.

Transfers and overlays were added.

Finally I added words, embellishments and WordART.

Thanks for looking

Viv x
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: lacy and ksacry
Beautiful tribute to a wonderful woman. Love the composite of the pictures. And the flowless transition between the stones (or shells?) on the picture and the backgroundpaper.

Love your very interesting tribute and layout. Love the skies and the rocks transfers.

Interesting story. Love the way that blue wave flows from her hand and wonderful use of the textured transfer as part of the beach.

Stunning extraction and composition. Great story! Placing the extracted figure on this background is brilliant!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
profolly
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename