Oscraps

Majestic Trees
ksacry

Majestic Trees

I always have been in love with trees (I have 9 in my little city yard!). When I saw the watercolor image of the tree, this poem came to my mind.

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray …
‘Trees’ by Alfred Joyce Kilmer

Construction: I started with ArtPlay Palette Fernweh Solid Paper #2. I then used two public domain images from Rawpixel, A background watercolor image (id-3751562-jpeg) and a watercolor tree (id-2098758-jpeg). I enlarged the background watercolor image and used Multiply at 40% Fill. I applied the Photoshop filter Plaster to a black and white version of the tree image, which brought out the dark potions in a bas-relief effect. I layered two colored images blended to Lighten and Hard Light, then adjusted the color with vibrance.
I placed UrbanThreadz FotoBlendz Frames No 1 #2, rotated clockwise and flipped horizontally. I clipped the image to the just the fotoblendz layer and stretched it further to the right, using the Fernweh palette’s brushes. I recolored the three blended frames to dark brown and masks out portions.
I then brought in all the non-frame layers of the Artsy Layered Template No 273 and used it like an artsy transfer, moving and duplicating some layers.
I added only a couple of layers from ArtsyTransfers Fernweh #1 and #5.
I added MultiMedia Branches No 10 #4 and removed the fish and shell. I added other elements from the Fernweh palette and duplicated the fotoglow from the multimedia to complete the cluster.
Lastly, I added the Word Art Good Life Cluster, an Oscraps newsletter freebie by Anna Aspnes.
I love that poem! Yesterday we had powerful thunderstorms and many of these majestic trees were brought down so thanks for showing the trees at their best! love the multiple frames

Gorgeous photo treatment. Love the dark frames and the large tree branches on the foundation.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
ksacry
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-artplay-collection-abrazo-ksacry-majestic-trees.jpg
File size
250.1 KB
Dimensions
1000px x 1000px

Share this layout