Oscraps

Magic Happens
B

Magic Happens

Where-eer you walk, cool gales shall fan the glade,
Trees, where you sit, shall crowd into a shade,
Where-ever you tread, the blushing flowrs shall rise,
And all things flourish where you turn your eyes.

~Alexander Pope

ArtPlay Palette BravuraArtPlayPaletteBravura
Bravura WordART Mis No. 1BravuraWordARTMixNo.1
FotoBlendz Overlays No. 12FotoBlendzOverlaysNo.12
PaperTextures No. 7PaperTexturesNo.7
Splatters No. !SplattersNo.1
ArtsyStains No. 8ArtsyStainsNo.8
Photos: Mine and Pixabay
Font: Five Boroughs Handwritten

Notes: Using artsy paper 1, and following the design of the paper, placed the overlay mask at the bottom of the page and clipped the photo to it and blended the mask to Hard Light. Placing a transfer at the top left edge, I clipped another photo to it and blended the transfer to Hard Light also. Then bringing in the mask from the frame in the kit and placing it underneath the other photo at the left edge, I clipped the third photo and blended the mask to Overlay. Next to these photos I added the word art transfer and blended to Linear Burn so the background texture came through.

Adding the splatter transfer to swing into the the large photo at the left, I also added a paper texture at the top to balance. I mixed in a brush from the kit at the top left photo. Splatters and stains were added at the bottom right edge, taking the colors from the pots. I used the blend ifs on these to sink them into the background texture of the paper. The splatters were blended to Hard Light.

The title and poem were added along with the babys breath at the left edge of the page. I duplicated the shadow of the babys breath, moved it a little and turned down the opacity to give the flower a little more depth. That finished the page.
Love how the dark background represents the cool shade in the poem, and everything "flourishes."

The dark ground gives the light and color in the photos an extra boost-stunning!

Dramatic composition and I love the way the green of the herbs look almost luminous against the dark background!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout