Oscraps

July Art Journaling Challenge Week 4 FALL
All elements are from the Palvinka Designs Beautiful Autumn Collection.

Process Notes:
I took this photograph on our property and it's one of my fall favorites. I used it for my background, but It was a little too vivid for any of the elements and the type to show, so I used a blend mode to lighten it up a bit. I kept the four borders darker, however, to frame my picture. Next, I added two different fall borders, from the Palvinka Collection, and some threads, leaves, artsy bits, butterfly flies and bows, for a touch of whimsy. I found a poem that I really liked and placed it, on an arch, down in front, across the road.

Poem reads
"October is the treasurer of the year,
And all the months pay bounty to her store;
The fields and orchards still their tribute bear,
And fill her brimming coffers more and more
. But she, with youthful lavishness,
Spends all her wealth in gaudy dress,
And decks herself in garments bold
Of scarlet, purple, red, and gold."

by Paul Laurence Dunbar 1872 –1906
Credits list
Palvinka Designs Beautiful Autumn: https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Beautiful-Autumn-Collection.html
Photograph is mine.
Font: Pumpkin Story Regular
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Palvinka
What a beautiful page and beautiful photo! I love fall and this photo is spectacular! You sure have a pretty view! I love the leaves and berries at the top of your layout and your curved poem!

What a beautiful page and beautiful photo! I love fall and this photo is spectacular! You sure have a pretty view! I love the leaves and berries at the top of your layout and your curved poem!
Thanks so much, Evelyn. We live on 50 acres and it's just beauty any place you look. This particular road is my favorite in the fall, however.

Layout information

Category
Art Journal
Added by
Cherylndesigns
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename