Oscraps

Jackie and Rocky
B

Jackie and Rocky

We have them far too short a time and when they go, they take a piece of us with them and leave so many precious memories to cherish. After Rocky passed I had a headstone made in his honor. He was buried in our back yard. When I moved last fall, I took his headstone with me and it will get a place of honor in my new yard. I think of him so often. Theres nothing on earth like the unconditional love they give us.

ArtPlay Palette LostArtPlayPaletteLost
FramedMasks No. 7FramedMasksNo.7
UrbanThreadz No. 21UrbanThreadzNo.21
Lost WordART Mix No. 1LostWordARTMixNo.1
StainedGlows No. 1StainedGlowsNo.1

Notes: Artsy paper 1 as the foundation, I brought in the Framed Masks clipping set which I had grouped. I used Poster Edges of the color photo. Bringing in the black and white photo and using a reverse layer mask, brought out the part I wanted with an ArtsyPaints brush. I blended to Vivid Light, duplicated the photo clipping it to the original and blended the copy to Hard Light.

I slipped another transfer under the framed photo and blended to Color Burn. Art strokes, splatters, word art transfer and title were brought in. Typed out the names and date and added an urban thread to the photo. A couple of brushes were used to emphasize a couple of the textures on the page. That finished it.
this page touches me deep inside myself, I loved all my dogs and the pain I felt for the last lost is such that at its evocation I burst into tears. they are the symbol of pure and selfless love

This reminds me of my Charley, who still manages to be the boss of me from whatever dimension he graces now. Those who we love--canine or human--become part of our interior world. Beautiful work.

This is a beautiful moving page the story with the photos really pulls at your heart and the blending is superb.

heart rending photo and journeling. great tribute to rocky.

Totally love this!
Nice memory for Rocky. Our dog companions are unforgettable ...

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout