Oscraps

It Wasn't Fair
When I was younger, a family friend used to tease me and make fun of me, and even though my Mom saw the abuse, she excused it away by saying he did it because he liked me, and he was just joking. I found out later why Mom let it slide, but by the time I learned, I was grown and he was gone from my life. It still hurts, and it haunted me not because of him, but because my Mom didn't defend me from him. Last Thursday a man came into our Date Night bar and was sitting behind me. He had the same voice structure and accent that he had, and it sent me back to my childhood and wondering what I did to deserve such treatment. So...I scrapped!
Credits list
Crafty Button Design | Black Water
Crafty Button Design | Stressed Out
Connection Keeping | Mom's Mental Health
Rachel Jefferies | Disconnected Collage Papers
Vicki Robinson Design | Yesterday
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Crafty Button Designs
  2. Rachel Jefferies
  3. Vicki Robinson Designs
  • Care
Reactions: joyfulheartdesigns
I am SO sorry that you had to go through such a horrible thing :hug1: :heartpumpred: I'm not going to say anything else because I will start on a rant about my own "mother", and my body doesn't need that, or my mind. I think you are AMAZING.

I am SO sorry that you had to go through such a horrible thing :hug1: :heartpumpred: I'm not going to say anything else because I will start on a rant about my own "mother", and my body doesn't need that, or my mind. I think you are AMAZING.
Hugs to you! I know in the scheme of things it wasn't as bad as many kids have it, but it really affected me my whole life. I'm sorry you had issues with your Mom. We were able to work through them before she died, so I"m grateful for that.

Hugs to you! I know in the scheme of things it wasn't as bad as many kids have it, but it really affected me my whole life. I'm sorry you had issues with your Mom. We were able to work through them before she died, so I"m grateful for that.
I think each person goes through things that affect them GREATLY in a negative way, and no one else should judge that, or have the right to...we are all different, and things affect us differently...period. I am so happy for you that you were able to work through that with her. Mine is still alive, but she needs to apologize before I will even acknowlege her again. I know that is harsh, but she did something against MY daughter, so there you go. MY KIDS come before her. NO ONE messes with my kids. Okay, going to go watch some Chateau Diaries on YouTube to stop thinking about this and get in a better mood. Sorry...I didn't mean to "blow up" :blushing1:

I'm so sorry you went through that Susie. I know how damaging the effects verbal abuse has on a child as I also went through that with my mother. I was repeatedly told how dense I was. I didn't ask questions in school if I didn't understand because I didn't want my classmates or teacher to know that I was "dense". It affected me until I was in college. I always thought God has a sense of humor that He called me into teaching. I taught for 33 years. I guess I did pretty well in spite of being "dense". :D

I think each person goes through things that affect them GREATLY in a negative way, and no one else should judge that, or have the right to...we are all different, and things affect us differently...period. I am so happy for you that you were able to work through that with her. Mine is still alive, but she needs to apologize before I will even acknowlege her again. I know that is harsh, but she did something against MY daughter, so there you go. MY KIDS come before her. NO ONE messes with my kids. Okay, going to go watch some Chateau Diaries on YouTube to stop thinking about this and get in a better mood. Sorry...I didn't mean to "blow up" :blushing1:
No need to apologize - we are here to help each other along the way!

I'm so sorry you went through that Susie. I know how damaging the effects verbal abuse has on a child as I also went through that with my mother. I was repeatedly told how dense I was. I didn't ask questions in school if I didn't understand because I didn't want my classmates or teacher to know that I was "dense". It affected me until I was in college. I always thought God has a sense of humor that He called me into teaching. I taught for 33 years. I guess I did pretty well in spite of being "dense". :D
The best way to win is to have a great life!

This is heartfelt and what a release it must have been to scrap this, Susie. I'm sorry that you had to go through this as a child, but really sorry that a man with his voice sent you spiraling back down again and ruined Date Night for you. It doesn't take much to send us back down that rabbit hole. Like everybody before me, I went through some bad times too and my mother not only didn't defend me, she never believed me. I never forgave her either, although I told her I did right before she died. She looked at me in shock as if to say "for what?" Your page is a perfect reflection of what you lived through and lived through it again last night. I love that little girl in the corner. What a perfect addition. Hugs, my friend. :hug3::hug4::hug1:

This is heartfelt and what a release it must have been to scrap this, Susie. I'm sorry that you had to go through this as a child, but really sorry that a man with his voice sent you spiraling back down again and ruined Date Night for you. It doesn't take much to send us back down that rabbit hole. Like everybody before me, I went through some bad times too and my mother not only didn't defend me, she never believed me. I never forgave her either, although I told her I did right before she died. She looked at me in shock as if to say "for what?" Your page is a perfect reflection of what you lived through and lived through it again last night. I love that little girl in the corner. What a perfect addition. Hugs, my friend. :hug3::hug4::hug1:
Thank you, my friend! I am glad to have this outlet to work through feelings, and you are always the bomb at helping me find the perfect kits for it!!

I am SO sorry that your mom did that to you and made you feel that way, sweet Evelyn!! Wow, you taught for 33 years...you are amazing...I wish one of my kiddos could have been in your class because you are such a sweetheart :heartpumplove: I was in the PTA all through my youngest daughter's elementary years (she is a senior now :crying1:) and I would sit in on classes when the teachers were in meetings...OMG....that is when I KNEW I could never be a teacher....LOL I have a few stories, won't make this into a "Jenn's sitting in on elementary classes" time...it was ROUGH though. I am also that person who will get onto your kid when they are being BAD, and you are sitting there doing nothing. If any child is being picked on by another kid, I am so in it and stopping it. I miss Chloe being in elementary, but I don't miss the "bad kids"...they were so obnoxious. And Cheryl, I have to say that that was really kind of you to say to your mom, and I KNOW the look you got...that would be the same that my "mom" would give me...she doesn't understand what she has done, even though it has been explained to her, and she is a freaking liar. UGH. I am so sorry that you also had a rough time :hug2::heartpumpred: And yes, I hate that a person's voice can just THROW you back into the crap...that happens to me with songs, as well.

WOW....well great therapy session, girls!!! :grouphugyay:

Editing to add that I DO realize that a lot of the time kids act out because of what they are going through at home OR at school from bullies, and that is always what I would tell my kids when they would complain about someone being mean to them. You never really know what someone else is going through. The kids that I am complaining about are the sarcastic ones that would purposefully burp, make noises/interruptions, and they would sass me back when I would get onto them...not fun :voodoodoll: Yeah, sorry, had to use it, it is one of my favorite smilies....heehee :dancingbfly:

Last edited:

Layout information

Category
Art Journal
Added by
pachimac
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata