B

I Lied

Quote:
I lied and said I was busy.
I was busy;
but not in a way most people
understand.

I was busy taking deeper breaths.
I was busy silencing irrational thoughts.
I was busy calming a racing heart.
I was busy telling myself I am okay.

Sometimes, this is my busy,
and I will not apologize for it.

b. oaken from Anxiety Doesnt Knock First

After what we went through during the Christmas Lighting Festival weekends, this is pretty much how we all feel. No town should be brought to the brink like we were, stretched way beyond our resources. What in years past was a joyous and fun time, became a battle ground. Even people who live way outside of town and who never come near the place, had to deal with entitled people. We are in recovery mode now, sharing our stories with each other, licking our wounds and gathering our strength once again.

ArtPlay Palette AnaphoraArtPlayPaletteAnaphora
Take Flight No. 2TakeFlightNo.2
Photos: BarnImages
Fonts: Jellyka Saint-Andrews Queen and Tom Handwritten New

Process Notes: After compositing two photos together and using a reverse layer mask for each and AnnaBlendz brushes, I brushed in the portions I wanted. I duplicated each photo and used the Poster Edges Filter on the copies. Solid paper 3 was used for the foundation and then I blended the Poster Edges copies. Large lighthouse was blended with Soft Light and the other photo copy was blended with Overlay.

Bringing in three transfers and an overlay, I slipped those under the photos, leaving them on Normal Blend mode. Over the photos I placed another transfer just below the stairs of the lighthouse and blended it to Soft Light.

After placing the birds, I locked down that layer and recolored some of the texture to a color a little darker than the background paper. I placed another overlay from the palette that spans across the page. Then with the brushes from the palette, I added stains on the right side and the creases in the paper over the photos.

To finish up I added the quote. This was an exercise in restraint for me. Its always a temptation to add more, but I wanted it to look very clean without any distractions.
Super, Super lovely -- gorgeous choice of bg, blending & brushwork - lovely photo ;)

Great blending and interesting poem, wow, seems like you had a not-so-nice Christmas Lighting Festival... hope next year is better!

Lovely page. The strength and quiet of the lights is perfect with these words. Our town had an event that got out of hand like yours did, and soon it naturally changed into something very different. I hope sooner than later for you.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout