Oscraps

Honor this Moment, JFK Memorial
lacy

Honor this Moment, JFK Memorial

1964 Dallas, TX

After JFK’s assassination, sixty years ago, on November 22, 1963, we were living in Dallas and went to the JFK Memorial. Of course, we were just kids and didn’t realize how serious it was. Everyone talks about how they remember where they were and what they were doing when it happened. I would have been six years old, so I don’t remember. Unlike the OKC bombing, 9/11 and Jan 6, all of which I do remember vividly where I was and what I was doing during those tragic events.

I combined the Template layers with ArtPlay Mini Palette Yare. The template palette layers were placed, photos or Mini Palette Yare papers were clipped to the masks. Solid Paper 2 was placed below the template layers. Embellished with art stroke 1, lace 1, stain edge 1, Artsy Paper 1, splatters, Multimedia, word art and text.
Credits list
FotoInspired Template Album 3D p 5
ArtPlay Mini Palette Yare – FWP ($20) Black Friday Sale starts 11/24.
MultiMedia Bliss 1-3
Remember WordArt 1-3
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
Nice work using both FITA3D and artplay mini palette Yare
I like the nostalgic images that you used ..I remember..

Wonderful tribute page. The paints and stain you used are really effective.

What an amazing story - to actually be in Dallas! Yup, I'm one of those who remembers. I was in first grade, St. Anthony's school in Belleville, NJ, when the principle came in and told us. We bowed and said a prayer. 11/22/63 is also my favorite Stephen King novel. Great photos to have, love what you've done here!

Oh, I remember the day well ... a junior in high school. Love your photos and the purple tint. Great documentation, a personal touch on a historic event.

I love how you've incorporated the purple in your layout & your old photos.
It's funny you mentioned the purple, because I tried several things to get rid of it. But processing just made them look worse. So, I settled on a filter. I may go back and try a gradient. They usually help.

This attack remains a great mystery to this day and is certainly an important historical event in the history of America. great tribute page.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
lacy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename