Oscraps

Holiday Traditions
This is a layout that I did for my Challenge at Oscraps, to do a layout about our Holiday Traditions. I used my Spirit of Christmas Kit, available here at Oscraps.
I also used Vicki Stegall's Slightly Off {Vol 1} Templates, also available here at Oscraps.
Journaling Font is Arial.

Journaling reads:

Every since I was a little girl, my family has had some sort of Holiday Traditions. Some of the most memorable traditions, I have held onto and have passed them down to my family. One of our Holiday Traditions is getting out the Christmas Tree and all the boxes of ornaments before Thanksgiving and putting up the tree. It is so fun going through all the boxes, its like opening up a bunch of presents. From year to year, we collect Christmas ornaments and decorations and by the time Christmas rolls around again, weve forgotten all that we have. So its a lot of fun to go through it all again. Putting up the Christmas tree is a all day ordeal. We have to move furniture, vacuum and then put the tree, lights, and decorations on. As we are doing this we have Christmas music playing in the background or sometimes a Christmas movie. Although, having a movie on is very distracting and it takes twice as long to get the tree up.
Everyday around 3:00 p.m., we light the Christmas tree and it stays glowing until the last person goes to bed. This is usually around 2:00 a.m. We sit and enjoy watching the tree and admiring the beauty of it. Each year we hang a nail close to the heart of the tree to symbolize what Christmas is all about. The birth of Jesus Christ We hang that nail next to the heart of the tree to remind us the sacrifice Jesus made for us. Christmas baking is always a favorite time. We make dozens of cookies.
Some of our favorites are Chocolate Chip,Jumbo Raisin, Oatmeal and Peanut Butter. We always make plenty to share with friends and family. Christmas music is one of our favorites! We listen to a lot of Christmas music. And of course singing is another major event. We really go to town on the singing (very much off tune too). We also love Christmas movies. We spend a lot of time in front of the television at Christmas time watching Home Alone, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, Its a Wonderful Life. and many others. Jumping into the car and
going around town looking at Christmas lights is a tradition that we all love. To take a thermos of coffee and spend a couple hours riding around admiring what others have to share. The Christmas shopping is fun but probably our least favorite. We do not like to fight the crowds. We like to go after a big snow, therefore, theres not as many people in the stores, or go later in the evening when theres not as many people out during
the week. Taking lots of photos and posing around the Christmas tree is a every year tradition too_On Christmas Eve we always go to Grandmas house to spend Christmas Eve there. On the ride back home we always look for Santa and his reindeer up in the sky! Still to this day, even though we know that theres not a Santa Claus, we will still look for him. Its the magic of the season that we try to keep alive. Its not all about presents, its about laughing, loving, togetherness and joy of the season.
A time where we stop and reflect and be thankful for everything in our lives! Im sure as the years continue to fly by, we will have many more traditions, old and new that we will share. As our family expands, and the love in our hearts grow, Holiday Traditions will continue to be at the forefront of our Holidays!
T
Just BEAUTIFUL!!! Carla this is stunning and the journaling is fantastic! Really nice photos and tradtitions!

L
Wow Carla! Awesome job with the journaling!! Beautiful page!

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
cggibson
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout