Oscraps

Happy New Year
beszteri

Happy New Year

“Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go. They merely determine where you start.” ― Nido Qubein

I really like typography designs and I found a very interesting 2022 design by Folarin Olukunle. I challenged myself trying to create it with Photoshop.

Creating process:
1. I made the typography design. I worked with lots of layers and masks, it was a long process.
2. When I was ready with it, I started to create the page. As usual I started with a solid paper.
3. Behind the typography I placed transfers and brushes. I often use ArchiTextures brushes upside down to highlight the "chaos" of our "modern life". And I like to use clock brushes, too - they make the feeling that time continuously runs away.
4. I placed a few elements with realistic drop shadow.
5. Finally I placed the quote - this is a note to myself for 2022, that everything is possible. (Well, the last 4-5 years proved it for me, but I'm apt to forget this in the hard times.)

Happy New Year to everyone! :)

Thanks for looking!
Eszter
Well the quote is fantastic. And I agree with tanteva, the way you weaved the paper strip through the 2022 is just perfection. Love this very special pictureless layout to kick off the new year. Congratulations on the Standing O!

I totally love the typography and your quote, if you don't mind I will be using this myself. Thank you for sharing how you made this.

The quote is one I'd not heard before, and really appeals to me. Love your work with the numbers; the shadows are perfect. Congrats on your Standing O!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
beszteri
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename